Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Facelifted 159 - CO2 change?

Options
  • 13-04-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

I'm asking because the 159JTDm is currently rated at 159(coincidence!)g/km...which is not too far off the limit for Band B (155). I know the weight is only coming down by 100kg or less but have no idea how a modest weight reduction would effect CO2. The new Mazda 6 - despite having carry-over engines - has substantial improvements in CO2 emissions because it weighs less.

I've asked an Alfa dealer (supposedly one of the good ones) but the I suspected the salesman didn't have a clue and was just bull****ing 'cos he didn't want to admit as much... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

it's easy - less weight takes less energy to move around, so, even with the existing engine, at a given speed, the engine will need less energy, so consume less fuel.

Oh, and 100kg is not modest........

As for the 6, and carry over engines - I certainly hope it's not carrying over it's appetite for oil, big end bearings and crankshaft's.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

The only changes to the MY08 are cosmetic as far as I know, changes to facia colour and different seats. There is talk of a weight reduction; lighter being Alloys is one I heard of....
    I don't think the emissions will have changed much, the new 1.9 JTDm185 BHP Twin Turbo Diesel will not be fitted before 2009, from what I've read. That's a shame, as its already available in the SAAB :confused:

There's a thread or two here about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

galwaytt wrote: »
    it's easy - less weight takes less energy to move around, so, even with the existing engine, at a given speed, the engine will need less energy, so consume less fuel.

Yeah I know that...

Just dunno if 50-100kg less will bring the 150bhp 159 into Band B. Not much difference in road tax between Bands B & C - I'm not a miser so it wouldn't bother me so much. I just think it would help resale 3 years down down the line. Band C is not really acceptable for a 150bhp diesel IMO...

Advertisement