Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed or build a lean-to?

Options
  • 13-04-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I need extra storage space for large items. I have an area about 6' x 4'6" between my house and a 6'6" boundary wall (the back of this space is also an external house wall).

I am wondering about getting a garden shed and simply fitting it in here or getting the whole area roofed in with a wall and door at the open end. The roof of any structure will be visible from my landing window, so I want it to look reasonable.

Does anyone have any advice please? Should I go for a custom-built garden shed (I think Abwood do them) or should I try to get something built in? I think using the boundary wall is not a good idea as it seems to have some damp patches.

If I went for a garden shed - does anyone know if it is possible to put a more visually pleasing roof on them other than felt? What about tile-effect coated steel for example.

Any help most gratefully received!

Advertisement