Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thunderstorm Clouds

• 13-04-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Taken today at 16.10...

S5000507Medium.jpg

S5000506Medium.jpg

S5000508Medium.jpg

According to the corresponding radar the showers were near Carlow Town.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice capture, very dramatic.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

A few shots of mammatus from the back end of the thunderstorm that passed close to here.

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Impressive Snowbie. Is that a weather station I see in the last photo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Lol, didnt realise i got that in there too busy admiring the sky.
    That is my anemometer on a 26 foot pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Nice shots Danno and Snowbie. Dramatic stuff. Some magnificent countryside down there in Loais.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Appropriate thread, I guess, to post my post my pics of drive into the Dublin mountains yesterday.

First pic shows the lying hail that people have been seeing. This was widespread all over the Dublin side of the mountains.

Second and third pics show stormy skies over the mountains.

BTW - I am a toatal technophobe! I cannot figure out how to post pics directly into thread rather than attachemnets as I have been dooing - any link to threads as how to do this or explanation? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely pictures DOCARCH. To post pitcures directly you need to be using a third party website such as photobucket. When you upload photos to Photobucket, they have code that you copy from below the photo and paste in to the boards web page.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    BTW - I am a toatal technophobe! I cannot figure out how to post pics directly into thread rather than attachemnets as I have been dooing - any link to threads as how to do this or explanation? Thanks.
    I can't view that link either for some reason.

For to post pics in the tread that are directly viewable,you need to host them somewhere and then post the link inside img tags with at the start of the link and at the end of the link

For an example of how it's done just click on the "quote" on snowbies post above and look at the raw version of his post.
    You will see where he's hosted the image and you will see that the external link has those img tags at either side.
    It's important that you put the foward slash in the second img tag like so.. [/img]
    The same applies to making quotes...you use a foward slash in the end quote tag as well...Thats the way with every feature on v bulletin software.

You can practice on this forum untill you perfect it if you like.

See how I made that text a clickable link aswell by the way by pressing the quote button under this post and look at my raw post - These things are relatively easy :)

Have a look at the newbies and FAQ forum aswell and specefically probably this thread from here on in - though a lot of those mightn't be working now as the software has evolved since then,but you can always ask there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thanks Danno and BB (for the detailed advice) - thought it was something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Great snaps guys. Really threatening looking skies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement