Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City TV

Options
  • 13-04-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Those with NTL will know of city tv. It broadcasts generic and specific local news in dublin, waterford and galway.

Wondering what do people make of the Galway channel ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

its a waste of air space - i have flicked over to it a few times - well i pass throught it every day but have rarely found reason to stay tuned

it makes tv3 seem like the bbc

ok - maybe thats not fair, theres prob not a lot of cash behind it but still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Agree with above

Im surprised its still going,
    what is it? 3/4 years now??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

if i'm flicking about and its on, i like watching the show where yer man goes to restaurents and gets free food :o

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I think we inquired whether they'd like to do an article on Stress!! at one stage and were told it would cost e3,000 or something.

Needless to say we laughed. Hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

unless you are inerested in worse ****e than the QVC channel, then stay away from it. Its full of idiots promoting the latest ball of sh*t in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Fergl

So you like it then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Those with NTL will know of city tv. It broadcasts generic and specific local news in dublin, waterford and galway.

Wondering what do people make of the Galway channel ?

what do you think kellyreilly?

id been interested on your take on Channel 6.

i never watch it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I watched it once for a few minutes. Wasn't really anything interesting being shown on it. I'd say most people ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think it's hilarious. The whole channel is basically based on that grey-haired man presenting extended ads.

The first time I flicked over to it I literally could not even move to turn over for 20 minutes because I was so stunned by what I was watching!

Anyway, half the time grey-haired man is in Howth. (Ok he's been in Howth twice when I've been flicking through!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

what do you think kellyreilly?

id been interested on your take on Channel 6.

i never watch it to be honest

I think you're confusing Channel 6 with City Channel. Both relatively new, but completely different. Channel 6 is pretty good but very little Irish content - mostly reruns of (and the odd new) decent US comedy and drama. City channel is mostly infomercial-type stuff. They have a Galway show but you can bet anyone appearing on it is seriously paying for it, and they operate on a shoestring budget. Production values are shocking and I don't really know why anyone would watch it. Only thing of interest I ever saw was a show on mr gay ireland and that was only cos I knew someone in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

DRakE wrote: »
    if i'm flicking about and its on, i like watching the show where yer man goes to restaurents and gets free food :o

Was just about to mention that old geezer, gotta love the quiff action/comboverish hair do he's got going on. He's hip, he's funky fresh, yeah!
    Still though nice to see a few Galway restuarants on it, saw Lemon Grass on it I do believe, other than that show its a bit pointless really, but then again isn't most tat on TV nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

DRakE wrote: »
    majiktripp wrote: »
    Was just about to mention that old geezer, gotta love the quiff action/comboverish hair do he's got going on. He's hip, he's funky fresh, yeah!
    Still though nice to see a few Galway restuarants on it, saw Lemon Grass on it I do believe, other than that show its a bit pointless really, but then again isn't most tat on TV nowadays.

That "old geezer" is my cousin. He's not even 60 yet!!!

Back in his day he was one if the early 2fm DJs, so all of you aspiring DJs take note.....you, too, could go on to get "free food" in restaurants in the name of television!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

here's a little background info that you might not have heard of...

a few years ago the BCI held applications of interest in regards of community television licences (broadcasting), a small group (2 people) based in Galway applied with the interest of setting up a community television station (broadcast through NTL's service) about 2 yrs of meetings with the BCI and other community groups around the country, came to an abrupt end when NTL (Galway) refused to accept any contact from the Galway group in regards being a channel provider.

The service was going to give College students of 'humanities in film and television' (Cliun Mhuire) and the Nuig equivalent as well as those who have experience or wanted experience, to show their work and provide Galway with not only Galway based news but also show Galway made films, animations and short films as well as giving Galway's original bands a place to air there music...

but alas this never happened due to NTL's neglect to contact the group who were interested in setting up the Channel for Galway..

:mad::mad::mad: Rant over :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I think you're confusing Channel 6 with City Channel. Both relatively new, but completely different. Channel 6 is pretty good but very little Irish content - mostly reruns of (and the odd new) decent US comedy and drama. City channel is mostly infomercial-type stuff. They have a Galway show but you can bet anyone appearing on it is seriously paying for it, and they operate on a shoestring budget. Production values are shocking and I don't really know why anyone would watch it. Only thing of interest I ever saw was a show on mr gay ireland and that was only cos I knew someone in it!

sorry yes, i meant city channel, not channel 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I think City Channel is great but DCTV on 802 is clearly going to top everything. Hopefully they will get through the pilot stage. The only way to improve the City Channel would be to get the Merlin character to have a magic show.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 crashbangwollop

Why arent they lookin for local bands/acts??? How does a good original band get a break? I've been in a cover band for years, and in sayin that, the only time we tried original music, we got to the 2fm song contest final. in my new group, original music is wat we do and we're good to go in two/three weeks, any tips anyone?

Advertisement