Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaghetti Bolognese

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

vibe666 wrote: »
    a good tip for the pasta is to drain it and stir in a big spoon of the bolognese sauce to keep it moist and stop it sticking together and it also stops it looking so pasty.
    I just use a glug of olive oil to stop it for sticking. I think a spoon of sauce would just make it look messy presentation wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭murser

muckety wrote: »
    If you make the sauce the day before it is needed, and cook it down so that a good lot of the liquid is evaporated off, there shouldn't be any need to 'beef it up'....
    I agree making it the day before allows the herbs and other flavours to really develop and the sauce is far more flavoursome as a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I just use a glug of olive oil to stop it for sticking. I think a spoon of sauce would just make it look messy presentation wise.

i used to do that, but i find that a little bit of sauce is much better (pardon the pun:)) and doesn't leave the pasta so greasy.

I actually picked up the tip off a tv chef somewhere or other. :)

i don't make it the day before, but I always make enough for at least two days anyway, and it's always nicer once everything has mingled.

Advertisement