Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leeds 15 Point Arbitration betting...

Options
  • 13-04-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Verdict on Wednesday

I'm all over that 4/1 like a cheap suit.

Odds in association with SKY BET

0 Points 4/1 1-5 Points 11/4
    6-10 Points 15/8
    11-15 Points 15/8

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sorry for the stupidity but is the the 4/1 on Leeds getting 0 points deducted???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

One getting 0 points of their earlier reduction rescinded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

wtf are they waiting for the season to be over before making a decision?

If this is politics (i am sure it is) ...you can be sure that they will get enough points to guarantee a play off place, but not enough to get automatic promotion.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Culchie wrote: »
    If this is politics (i am sure it is) ...you can be sure that they will get enough points to guarantee a play off place, but not enough to get automatic promotion.

As a Leeds fan I agree. If points are given back it'll be enough to be seen as redressing an overly harsh punishment, but not so many as to change the promotion picture. 6-10 points would satisfy that, which would be my guess if anything at all is given back.

BTW, the arbitration now starts on Wednesday, a decision is expected before the Millwall game on the 19th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

There's no middle ground, they either give all the points back or they gave none........ by offering anything other than nothing back then theyre admitting they were wrong

• Advertisement

Sorry for the stupidity but is the the 4/1 on Leeds getting 0 points deducted???

0 is 4/1 on getting no points back.

There's no middle ground, they either give all the points back or they gave none........ by offering anything other than nothing back then theyre admitting they were wrong

Theres always middle ground in politics, it's called 'fudging it'

Theres always middle ground in politics, it's called 'fudging it'

Bates seems to think he's got them by the bollocks, and they appear to be squirming.

Oh how I will laugh when that tory c*nt mawhinney is out of a job

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

As a Forest fan I will be watching the situation closely as Leeds could pass us out!!

As a Forest fan I will be watching the situation closely as Leeds could pass us out!!

Me too, c'mon the trickies!!

• Advertisement

Leeds-Forest P.O Final @ Wembley would be class

The FA Cup final a week later would be such an anti-climax in comparison :D

Leeds-Forest P.O Final @ Wembley would be class

The FA Cup final a week later would be such an anti-climax in comparison :D
    Cant see Forest getting to the play-off final, our form has been indifferent of late and we will struggle over 2 legs!

Me too, c'mon the trickies!!
    Culchie we are definitely in the minority around here :D

I'd actually rather play Forest than Donny or an in form Saaaaaaaarfend. This is based on you choking big time last year against Yeovil ;)

This is based on you choking big time last year against Yeovil ;)
    That is all Forest fans fears :(

Forests problem is up front, theyre crying out for 20 goal a season striker. That's the missing piece of the jigsaw. Calderwood should've acted in the transfer window or at least got someone in on loan (and I don't mean Brett Ormerod! :) )

He should have transferred himself - he nor the club owners are welcome at NFFC anymore

Stuart Pearce would sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Verdict on Wednesday

Odds in association with SKY BET

0 Points 4/1 1-5 Points 11/4
    6-10 Points 15/8
    11-15 Points 15/8

Not any more:

0 Points 6/4
    1-5 Points 7/2
    6-10 Points 2/1
    11-15 Points 9/2

I'm all over the 4/1 :)

• Advertisement

Fairplay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'll go with 1 to 5 points. There has been a few 10 point reductions happening of late so it wouldn't surprise me if the middle ground is taken and the 15 pointer is turned into a 10 pointer.

Doubt there'll be a middle ground....... by offering ANY points back the football league would be admitting that they were wrong is it's either all or nothing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You should remember that it's not the Football League who'll be admitting anything. The chairman of the arbitration panel is an appeal court judge to whom both sides will make their case, and it's he who'll decide whether any points are to be given back or not. If they are it won't be an admission by the league that they were wrong, but more likely a ruling that the initial punishment was overly severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Surely the other clubs in the league would appeal the decision? Especially if it results in a side missing out on the play-offs or automatic promotion.

What would happen in that case, would your bet stand or would it pend on the appeal?

Surely the other clubs in the league would appeal the decision? Especially if it results in a side missing out on the play-offs or automatic promotion.

What would happen in that case, would your bet stand or would it pend on the appeal?

I'd say it would be settled on the decision. That is what the betting is on after all, not the appeal.

The old first past the post rule that them bookies hate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

Just seen yer man Derek Mc Govern in the Mirror tipping 6/4 about no points back. His record is not great so hopefully thats good news for us fans.
    Hope this doesn't come back to haunt me:(

Leading sports lawyer Richard Cramer believes Leeds United have a "25-30% chance" of having their 15-point penalty overturned.
    An arbitration panel will decide on the Football League's sanction to dock Leeds points in mid-April.

Cramer told BBC Radio Leeds: "A few weeks ago, I thought it was bleak.

"But having seen the legal documents, I think the prospects have improved. I think there's probably a 25-30% chance of winning."

So if the lawyer was a bookie he'd put Leeds getting the whole thing overturned as a 7/3 to 3/1 shot.

• Advertisement

15 points
    Who gives a f*ck?
    We're Super Leeds
    And we're goin up!

Advertisement