Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Painters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

what a load of bo**ox in this thread. Hire the person who does the job the best, who cares if there from poland or ireland or mars. Whoever has good references from people who have used them before and are reliable. Being polish or irish has nothing to do with someones ability to work hard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

rory1983 wrote: »
    what a load of bo**ox in this thread. Hire the person who does the job the best, who cares if there from poland or ireland or mars. Whoever has good references from people who have used them before and are reliable. Being polish or irish has nothing to do with someones ability to work hard.

Exactly. Well said.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

deisemum wrote: »
    A woman who's son I mind got polish painters in and they didn't turn up until 10am then left after an hour came back stayed for an hour then went again for a while came back again and left by 3pm.

Their work was only very average. The job took longer than they'd told her when she initially contacted them as they were going off elsewhere. It wasn't a case of waiting for paint to dry. She didn't get them to paint the rest of the place.

Thats an unfair statement to work.

Irish workers can be just as bad, if not worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Lads seriously cop yourselves on. How many Irish men & women left this country because times were hard, in serach of work and sent some of the money they earned home to the mam and dad.

fair play to anybody who leaves the comfort and familiarity of there own country to look for work to try and better themselves and there families, whether you like it or not they are contributing to this country, even if it's a small bit. They have cars they pay road tax and insurance. They have jobs they pay income tax, so some of them know how to work the tax & benefists system and are claiming all sorts of benefits if any of us bothered to find out about the tax system we could all work the system legally as well.

If the polish are cheaper hire them, it'd still be cheaper still to do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Sully wrote: »

Irish workers can be just as bad, if not worse.

What's unfair about it? I saw the work they did and it wasn't great and I do agree that there are plenty of irish who are no great shakes. I've unfortunately come across some when we gutted our house.

I didn't say anything about all polish workers, I just gave a specific example just like other posters gave specific examples about the standard of work that people have come across.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

How is it?

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    How is it?

Because deisemum is backing up the argument about polish painters being crap. The fact is, each example mentioned here is not a problem with just Polish - it happens with Irish painters to.

Its unfair to say all polish painters are crap based on a few bad experiences, and considering a lot of Irish painters have done the same thing.

There are dodgy Polish AND Irish painters. It is NOT fair to say that ALL Polish painters are dodgy, nor is it fair to imply that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I did not say that all polish painters are crap. I gave an example of one job that wasn't great. A lot of people posting on this thread have been praising their work, that doesn't mean they are all excellent workers. I gave one example so that there was more balance on this thread.

Whenever I get work done on my home I go for recommendations on their standard of work not on their nationality. This thread has specified polish painters. I have already stated that I have also had poor work carried out by irish tradesmen that has cost me more in the long run. I've equally had good work carried out by good irish tradesmen.

omg a guy starts a thread lookin for a number of a painter and it turns into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That's exactly what I thought. Looks more suited to AH now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Its unfair to say all polish painters are crap based on a few bad experiences

Have a read again and you will see that was not said. I read someone giving an example of bad work carried out by some Polish painters. Unless every single Polish painter worked on that job then you have it all so very wrong.

deisemum wrote: »
    I did not say that all polish painters are crap. I gave an example of one job that wasn't great. A lot of people posting on this thread have been praising their work, that doesn't mean they are all excellent workers. I gave one example so that there was more balance on this thread.

Fair enough but the way I saw it was a lot of people were giving out about polish, and you came in and gave an example of their bad work. I honestly thought you were implying, as you never stated that not all Polish workers are bad, that they were all ****e. My bad if this is not what was intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

rory1983 wrote: »
    omg a guy starts a thread lookin for a number of a painter and it turns into this.

There's a lot of that going 'round lately...

Gadgie wrote: »
    There's a lot of that going 'round lately...

It only takes the smallest of comment before it drags into something else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Why can't we all just get along eh? What's the harm in hiring a polish painter..... none. If they come reccomended and do a good job at a price that you're happy with then that's fantastic. As has been pointed out already, hire whoever is best for the job irrespective of their nationality.

We're all human after all. I hope we can stand together and put social and racial issues behind us when the lizzard people come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭teetotaller

Another long story about Ireland VS Poland.....

I think that author of this thread should ask - can somebody reccomend good painter ?

I think that nationality has nothing to do with job quality.

What would be most important for me is job quality and price.

If u ask Irish company to do the job - they have to pay money to managers, office support, director, for car van building etc etc.

If u pay directly to painter - u pay less, but painter working on his own gets the same money as an employee.

My mechanic is Irish - I know few polish people who could repair and do service on my car cheaper - but this mechanic was reccomended to me and I know that he is honest ond he knows what he is doing so - should I as Polish person give money to Polish mechanic ????

somebody wrote that we took your jobs - I'm pretty sure that if u would be good with networking stuff - I wouldn't work on your position now :)

same story with painters, window cleaners , electricians and builders - If u have good cv and references it is not possible that u can loose your job.
    other thing about complaining people is fact that usually they never worked before and are taking SW benefits......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

heres a few reasons the poles are cheaper

1. they get rent allowance of the irish state which the poles pnly pay 10% of the rent. thats a fact

2. if they work for 2 or more years and are let go from there jobs they can get medical card for themselfs and theres kids . so free trips to the doctors and hospitals at our expience plus they are working under the radar . i know many of them with this , so dont give me any crap saying irish are at this too.

3. what ever come back you might have from an irish tradesman you sure to god dont have any comeback from someone just passing through this great country of ours .

wise up here guys when the **** hits the fan in ireland they will have there irish paid for houses back home and we'll be the one paying for it in the long run . we're a small country 4 million people and the powers that be let this over priced damp little country get this way

they work cheaper because they can afford to work cheaper!! us irish are taxed to our balls , im sure you all can agree with me there !!
    just think twice about it is all im say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That's one of the most uninformed and false posts I've seen here in a long time. While it's far too early in the morning for me to go chase you up on your "facts", I'm sure someone else will be only too glad to clarify the situation for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Good God, I heard they smoke in bed too!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Dey Tuk Arr Jaaaaaaabss!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

You can keep paying the higher prices and prices will never fall, or you can employ the guys who are cheaper and then prices will fall.

Of course you have to make sure you're not paying for crap work in the first place though.

hellfireie wrote: »

1. they get rent allowance of the irish state which the poles pnly pay 10% of the rent. thats a fact

2. if they work for 2 or more years and are let go from there jobs they can get medical card for themselfs and theres kids . so free trips to the doctors and hospitals at our expience plus they are working under the radar . i know many of them with this , so dont give me any crap saying irish are at this too.

3. what ever come back you might have from an irish tradesman you sure to god dont have any comeback from someone just passing through this great country of ours .

wise up here guys when the **** hits the fan in ireland they will have there irish paid for houses back home and we'll be the one paying for it in the long run . we're a small country 4 million people and the powers that be let this over priced damp little country get this way

they work cheaper because they can afford to work cheaper!! us irish are taxed to our balls , im sure you all can agree with me there !!

Since your stating facts, please back them up. Otherwise, to be fair to everyone, ill delete the post. If your going to make comments and say they are factual - back it up. Otherwise, dont post.

Im fed up of people coming up with the most pointless arguments against non-nationals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Since your stating facts, please back them up. Otherwise, to be fair to everyone, ill delete the post. If your going to make comments and say they are factual - back it up. Otherwise, dont post.

Im fed up of people coming up with the most pointless arguments against non-nationals.

Dont delete it.
    Let the world see what a bright spark this guy is.

So no Irish people are entitled to rent alowance or medical cards i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

You're an idiot of the highest order.

Where did you get these facts from? Rent allowance where they only pay 10 percent, medical card after 2 years? your talking ****e mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭teetotaller

buhahaha

i thought that we Polish people are living like 10 in one room and 20 in 2 bed apt.... so that's why we pay less than 10% of the rent.....

btw facts from your arse are not facts but just farts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Don Carlos

Well said Sully. I agree with you 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭uncle betty

you made that up. or, if you really believe it, you're a numpty. that's a fact.

well, if they can get medical cards etc, good luck to them. If they have worked more than two years, they've probably made contributions. Big deal.

Why is it giving you crap to say that our own are no better for working under the radar ? Is that less wrong then, or are you deluded that it doesn't happen ? You're a hypocrite, with a third-rate mind.

This great country of ours ? Yeah, you're deluded alright. Truly, patriotism is indeed the last refuge of the scoundrel.

wise up here guys when the **** hits the fan in ireland they will have there irish paid for houses back home

and fair play to them.

and we'll be the one paying for it in the long run .

We had a chance to develop ourselves as a country, largely on the back ofcheap immigrat labour, and in true Irish fashion, we squandered/corrupted it away. Great country... MY HOLE.

we're a small country 4 million people and the powers that be let this over priced damp little country get this way
    Then attack the powers that be,if that's what you think.

You're
    damp. You're in no danger of being overpriced though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 GoodEnough

alinton wrote: »
    Could someone PM me the phone number for the Polish Painters who are advertising around the city?

Thanks

Andy.

Did you get a number.

Anyone know what the rates for these painters are?

• Advertisement

lol probably not, i wouldnt ask here it will start off whole idiotic " comin over here stealing our jobs and women and sending them back to poland " argument

Advertisement