Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.5GB per day

Options
  • 13-04-2008 6:40pm

Will someone explain to me in plain English please, how I can keep an eye on usage so as not to get throttled? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ask your isp do they have any system in place so that you can check. failing that give DUmeter a go

www.dumeter.com

Thanks for that. I thought maybe there was somewhere I should be clicking and I would find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Who's you isp?

Kerry Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Oh... Most ISPs provide an online site that will allow you to monitor your usage. Maybe they don't. I don't think that's very fair that they insist you only use so much yet provide you with no way of monitoring how much you use... Give them a ring to double check.

Try Cremo's program and see how you get on!

• Advertisement

OK. But, when I right click the little computer icon at the bottom right, then Status, there is a thing called Packets, sent and received. Could this be it? And what is a packet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

OK. But, when I right click the little computer icon at the bottom right, then Status, there is a thing called Packets, sent and received. Could this be it? And what is a packet???

A packet is a formatted unit of data. The size of a packet of data can vary so the Packets sent/received data is only useful if you know the size of each of the sent/received packets.

The DUmeter program is your best bet although it isn't very useful if you have a few computers connected to the one broadband connection.

Riiiiight.:confused: Thanks anyway. I'll check out that.

Advertisement