Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cheers you up/makes you happy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

kelkin microwave popcorn.

i will do anything you want me to if you bring some over for me when you come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

kelkin microwave popcorn.

i will do anything you want me to if you bring some over for me when you come.

I think I can manage a box for you. The question is, will I be allowed bring it in the country? You know the way they have all the bio-hazard rules. Is microwave popcorn bad because it has fats/butter thingy around it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

watna wrote: »
    My cat, Kasper made me happy too. He died two weeks ago and every evening I have a conversation with my mum and dad about how we miss him. He used to sit at the dinner table with my family every night and my parents still pull his chair out so he can get up. I keep thinking I hear him purring or scratching at the door too. I moved home 5 weeks ago, 3 weeks before he died.
    In a way I'm kinda glad my cat died quickly and suddenly - if she had wasted away slowly due to old age or illness it would have been just unbearable. And it was something we were all dreading. Before she was run over she got a really bad flu and it knocked the life out of her. She aged very quickly and really slowed down after it. We were so afraid she'd have a relapse but instead, her reflexes not being as sharp as before led to her finally being out-witted by that car...
    I felt I was going backwards being in my parents house, even for a short time.
    Snap. Had to move home for a few months last year and again this year. It's sh1t. Could really have done with my cat, but my brother's dog cheered me up hugely. Animals are amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Happy songs, You know the songs that put a smile on your face...
    bob marley 3 little birds, or queen, another one bites the dust, or I've had the time of my life, dirty dancing. Girls just wanna have fun as well.

My kids make me happy,

My son (2) latest is..

Babs: Knock knock
    Quality: who's there
    Babs: Me!

Cracks me up, every time,

Sex usually cheers me up too!!

As does looking forward to my holidays and trips away.

And spending money... I love to spend money!!:D
    But then I dont love when the Oh gives out to me for spending too much!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

watna wrote: »
    I think I can manage a box for you. The question is, will I be allowed bring it in the country? You know the way they have all the bio-hazard rules. Is microwave popcorn bad because it has fats/butter thingy around it?

well it has to be the normal flavoured kelkin, the rest are all a bit crap. but microwave popcorn in nz is crap, full stop. i couldnt imagine it's a bad thing, i've gotten teabags and the likes sent to me, which i'd imagine would be a bigger issue than microwave popcorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Having a lie on (Extremely rare though)

Sitting down in the evening when kids are asleep and house is clean with a big mug of tea and a double decker and pkt of crisps

Swimming in the sea

Having a massage and facial

Getting sozzled with my mates and having a good offload/bitch:D

A really good orgasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Animals. God I miss my dogs :( I go home more to see them than my family! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Dancing to drum and bass/jungle
    Fraiser
    Black Books
    a bottle of red wine with friends
    The sun
    Shopping
    Summer holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I love watching old home videos or looking through photos from my childhood. Really does wonders for a bad mood :)

Long walks outside and good music are also a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Long hot baths
    Music – especially new discoveries
    Cocktail inspired dance offs :D
    First signs of spring
    Finding the perfect dress/top/shoes
    Laughing so hard my stomach hurts
    Venting with friends
    Hugs
    Chocolate
    Hangover free lie-ins
    Running a stressful day away
    Stomach butterflies when you like someone :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Chocolate has been making me happy lately but im been eating way too much! a big huggy from my parents usually works and watching "about a boy" or "meet the fockers" usually helps 2!!! or when i dance to loud music!!!awh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    Dancing to drum and bass/jungle
    Fraiser
    Black Books
    a bottle of red wine with friends
    The sun
    Shopping
    Summer holidays

Aww Black Books, can't beat a bit of Dylan Moran!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

And getting into a comfy warm bed with feather pillows, clean sheets and a scrummy man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

main things are getting in to comfy pjs and a nice hoody and eating! usually one follows the other!

going for a walk is nice for clearing your head... shopping is also v.good! talking to my friends, oh and a good cup of tea! i do believe it cures almost* everything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

eating crisps, any kind, but in particular Meanies, Chipsticks, Banshee Bones.

Ah they used to be great - remember years ago they had an insane amount of salt and vinegar flavouring? They don't make them like they used too... :(
    MizzLolly wrote:
    I also like to give my angel cards a flutter!!

Why oh why did they have to disable the rolleyes smiley?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Coming home from long day, locking door, getting into the fat pants/pyjama bottoms, taking off all make-up, jewelry, duvet in front of the tv, few coronas , order chinese/fourstar with the girls and proceed to Bitch/gripe/moan about men/politics/other women before off to bed nice and merry.

That or a good week at the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Vomiting at last after being horribly nauseated for ages. Come on! You've all gotta admit it's just the best! By the way, not the vomiting itself, which is obviously miserable, but the relief of the nausea disappearing - awesome!

Advertisement