Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far is Groody away from UL and Mary I?

Options
  • 13-04-2008 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi, I'd like to know the distance time-wise and km wise, thanks.

And are there other means of transport other than foot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

From Mary I its not walkable, well its a 90 min walk or a 10 min bus ride.

From UL its about 10-15 mins walk, depending on how fast you walk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Let me guess. Yourself and a friend are going to be attending college in Limerick, but one of you is going to UL and the other to MaryI? Unless one of you gets a car or a bike or are willing to cope with the [noparse][sarcasm]wonderful bus service[/sarcasm][/noparse], I doubt it would work (IMO of course). Possibly the best half-way solution would be Parkview Hall or a house in Rhebogue (open to correction here)

If ye are determined, then go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

someone from mary i would have to have car .. 10 mins on a bus eh i doubt it when the bus comes it woudl take 15 to get into town on it and den other 10 or so after waiting to get out to mary i

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Let me guess. Yourself and a friend are going to be attending college in Limerick, but one of you is going to UL and the other to MaryI? Unless one of you gets a car or a bike or are willing to cope with the [noparse][sarcasm]wonderful bus service[/sarcasm][/noparse], I doubt it would work (IMO of course). Possibly the best half-way solution would be Parkview Hall or a house in Rhebogue (open to correction here)

If ye are determined, then go for it!
    Parkview hall wouldnt exactly be close to Mary I either im afraid.

Im living in Groody at the moment. Its about 15mins walk to campus. But getting to mary I in the morning just wouldnt be practical, possible alright but it would be a pain in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Few college friends of mine (Mary I) are living in college close this semester! They don't mind the travelling, but they'v cars..I wouldnt dream of it if otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I live near Mary I (it's a place I like to call 'home') and commute across to UL. It's daily pain in the sitting cushion, and I have a car! Traffic is mental at peak hours but if you wait for that to die down then you don't get parking: Catch-22 situation.

You'd need two buses to get from Groody to Mary I; or at least one from UL to town and then a good 15-20 minute walk up (which would be probably quicker than waiting on a second bus, for which the nearest stop is still 5 minutes walk from the college anyway). That means at least an hour's commute if you're depending on public transport.

Parkview/Rhebogue - same problem.

Best place if you're that determined is somewhere in town, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Map.jpg

A= Mary I, B= Groody, C= UL. Notice the way between A and B most of it is city centreish that is the pain if one of ye fancy doing it every day

Advertisement