Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral SUBJONCTIF!

Options
  • 13-04-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Ok, my oral is on Wednesday and I'm trying to do a bit of study for it. I really need to get a list of subjunctive sentences that i can use. I know you're only really supposed to use the subjunctive once or twice in the oral but i want to get a list together that i can get to know and then be able to use one of them when the opportunity comes up in the exam.

It's incredibly hard to find a list of examples subjunctive sentences on the internet so i was wondering if you could post one that you know, so that I and everyone eelse who reads this can get a long list of them.

The ones i know are:
    Il faut que je fasse mes devoirs
    Mes parents veulent que je fasse mes devoirs
    Je ne pense pas qu'il soit facile

and thats basically it. any ones you know? pllllzzzzzzzzz! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tex mexx

Il faut que je
    fasse beacoup d'études pour que je puisse obtinir les points nécessaires pour aller á la fac.
      Il faut que le gouvernement
    prenne des mesures avant qu'il ne soit trop tard.
      Il est nécessaire que le gouvernement
    prenne des mesures pour améliorer la situation.

apparently these are perfect for the oral because they have 2 subjunctives in the one sentence and make you seem really smrt...i mean smArt!:D

the subjunctives are the underlines ones.sorry for any spelling mistakes, im not very good at the ol french! hope these help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Mes parents veulent que je reussis dans mon bac/en vie."Fasse" is the one nearly every1 would use.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

Bien que je fasse de mon mieux, j'ai peur que je ne recoive pas les résultats nécessaires - Even though I try my best, I'm scared that I won't get the results I need.

De ce que je sache - As far as I know.

Il semble que ce promleme soit grave - It seems this problem is serious.

Il faut que nous fassions quel que chose.

Ca m'étonne que le gouvernement puisse permettre un tel chose - it surprises me that the Gov can allow such a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

ah i wish i could help..we haven't done that tense yet O_o

good luck to you ... =))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MnMs

il faut que j'aille en vacances avec mes parents

il faut que la police soit plus present sur les rues

bien qu'ils puissent etre....although they can be

emm thats all i can think of atm...good luck!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

There's one easy way to drop in a subjunctive without really understanding it:

Il faut que j'obteinne XXX points dans le bac
    (It is necessary that I obtain XXX points in the leaving cert

Then you can add aller a l'universitie (to go to university) or etudier la <insert name of course here>

For example, I said
    J'espere etudier la musique, il faut que j'obteinne quatre cents points dans le bac etudier la musique

(Or something to that effect)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

A good one is "je voudrais un emploi ou je puisse voyager". That's the one I hope to throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I just did my oral, it went pretty well. I'd say I got an A2 possibly A1, at least B1. i got in a couple of subjonctifs. I think i used, Il faut que j'obtienne 450 points pour etudier la genie. Je ne pense pas qu'il soit facile mais je suis confiant que je vais les obtenir.
    Something along those lines, it put a big smile on his face anyway. He asked me nothing about 'que feriez vous si vous étiez....' but i understood and aswered pretty well every question he asked me so... hopefully i got an A.

Advertisement