Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shot Savers / Bore Sighters.

Options
  • 13-04-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

How effective are the above mentioned?
    Just picked up my new tikka t3 lite stainless .243 and I need to zero it, I've been offered a lend of one of these and I'm wondering is it worth a try?
    Cheers lads.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I have the Hawke shotsaver and it has gotten me on paper ( A4 at 60 yards with .22 hornet ) every time I've used it. It's been used on a couple of other guns as well with similar results. I find it great for a "rough" zero. Once you've fine tuned the setup you can stick the boresighter back up the spout and mark your exact impact on the grid so there's no need for wasting ammo after you think the rifle might have taken a knock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

I have the Hawke shotsaver and it has gotten me on paper ( A4 at 60 yards with .22 hornet ) every time I've used it. It's been used on a couple of other guns as well with similar results. I find it great for a "rough" zero. Once you've fine tuned the setup you can stick the boresighter back up the spout and mark your exact impact on the grid so there's no need for wasting ammo after you think the rifle might have taken a knock.

meathstevie nailed it , it is what it is a shotsaver, it wont zero your rifle but speeds up the zeroing process, I fitted a scope on a clubmembers rifle yesterday and using the collimator it was shooting 1 inch to the left on the first shot and as stevie says you can always check your zero on the kitchen table once you know it.
    it has other uses also , we were lapping scope rings on a 308 to tip the scope
    downwards for 1000 yard shooting, and we used the collimator to record our progress as the grid represents a MOA value.

Advertisement