Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duped

• 13-04-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

This is my first thread and I feel that I wasted my hard earned cash in joining the Irish Motor Caravanners Club, I live in south Kilkenny, perhaps you could say Munster. and only 7 club rallies would only suit me otherwise I would spend most of my weekend travelling to and from a venue. I was away on holidays and when I returned the March/April Roundabout awaited me. I was looking forward to reading it, but all it contained was a list of rallies IMCC have a lot of venues with the price TBA surely they made a deal with sites when booking them and a few photographs. Why couldn’t they send a separate rally booklet and give some useful information in Roundabout. I hope their next edition will be a better one. I was more interested in one of the photographs as it showed the Chairperson of another club I joined namely the Munster Motorhome Club. What a surprise. Its Club flag was even flying in the photograph. I parted with 80 euro to join IMCC but only paid 30 euro to join Munster and received a separate Rally Booklet which is pocketsize you can see how much each event will cost you, they have 27 rallies all within a 100klm drive of my home, and their magazine, Wanderer which contained some useful information, very few adverts, unlike Roundabout which contained 13.5 pages of advertising out of a total of 32 more adverts than useful information. The Munster club appears to be much more professional. My brother was in Tralee over the Easter weekend and he sent me a text that there were a number of the committee of IMCC there. He is also a member of IMCC. he was surprised to see them, he is not a member of Munster club. Their club venue being Portlaoise. Surely members of the committee should attend their own rallies.

I am told that when you send a letter to the editor if it rocks the boat it will not be published. So I have decided to air my views here. No doubt I will receive some criticism but I have got it off my chest, :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I have no knowledge for the IMCC so can't really comment on the club.
    I have membership of the www.caravanclub.co.uk which costs around €45 per year, then have to option to join Munster, Leinster or Ulster devision. They publish a monthly magazing which is a good read, numerous events for the year and lots of advice available. The Munster devision is particulary active with lots of events planned.
    Email your club and complain, I'm sure there's an insurance benefit but tbh that's really the only benefit from some of the clubs out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kilkenneykathy

Thank you stapeler

I am also a member of the Caravan Club Munster Group and enjoy the magazine. The travel insurance is wonderful with CC

No benefit in joining IMCC for motorcaravan insurance can get cheaper from Dolmin and could have saved club membership. but was told that was the only way to get cheap insurance

Munster Motorhome Club on a par with CC for its size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

You dont have to be a member of any club to get Motorhome Insurance.

Bido:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

So I have decided to air my views here. No doubt I will receive some criticism but I have got it off my chest, :o

*puts on moderator hat*

I don't think that this forum is the place to vent your frustration, you really should talk to the club in question if you're not happy. (There is nothing this forum can do for you anyway).

People have different opinions on differnt clubs, different clubs run things differently, if you're not happy you either don't join or you try to change things from the inside. Other people obviously are quite happy with how said club works, or it wouldn't have so many members.

I'm closing this thread, as there is nothing this forum can do anyway and as I don't want to see this descend into airings of dirty washing (or singings of praise) and naming of names of different clubs that have nothing to do with this forum.

Anyone not happy with this decision please take it up with me via PM.

*takes off moderator hat*

Oh ...and WELCOME to the forum :D:D !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement