Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Cork city

Options
  • 13-04-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Im in Cork city for the next 2 months and i was wondering if i could get a broadband contract with anyone for just that lenght of time. it would have to be a quiet fast connection though. at least 3 mbps. Any ideas from anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

No chance of getting broadband for just two months I'm afraid...broadband contracts are always 6 or 12 months.

I just moved back to Cork city recently and looked into what was available. Similar to you I only really needed broadband for around three months to complete my Postgrad and would be moving house after six months as well so I ended up getting the O2 Mobile Broadband (12 month contract).

When it works it's fine but lately it's been slowing down a lot. Mobile Broadband might be your only option...then your stuck paying for it for the next year:(

A way of avoiding the 12 month contract would be to get the O2 Mobile Broadband and return it before your first month is up...you get your money back if you cancel within the first 30 days. Then get the Vodaphone broadband but I don't know if they have a 14 or 30 day return.

Advertisement