Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plugs!!!

Options
  • 13-04-2008 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Post your collection here! :D

Here is mine from about 10 months ago. Have gone up in size and got some custom work too. When I can find my camera I will have an updated picture with my custom stuff, onetribe and others!

145843625a4359548328b303573822l.jpg

Top Row Left to right:
    Onyx plugs, heavy but shmexy.
    Some sort of wood plugs with metal fronts. Nice.
    Pyrex no flare plugs.

Row below:
    Bluey glass, comfy but huge flares.
    Purple glass, ok, flares non existant, fell out a lot.
    UV star plugs, awesome in clubs.

Row below the row below:
    A single piece of titanium i got in italy. Nice but nothing special.
    Kaos plugs, comfy, felt like i was wearing nothing.

Bottom rows:
    Various bits and pieces ranging from buffalo horn and glass

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I've got eyelets in 4mm upto 20mm, Jesus plugs (16mm), skulls and crossbone plugs (14mm), transparent plugs (8mm, 18mm and 22mm). If anyone wants the Jesus or Skull and crossbones plugs/ eyelets drop me a pm I've no use for them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ok, will, before you edited it describing them all, i did this.

plugs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You should see my updated collection then ;)
    Puts this stuff to shame

well clicky and posty already.

i know one pair that you've gotten since that picture that i dont like, so hurry up with your redemption already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

All my plugs are in my mate shona's ears!! D:
    haha

i had a pretty nice collection and all

• Advertisement

well clicky and posty already.

i know one pair that you've gotten since that picture that i dont like, so hurry up with your redemption already.

:o which pair?! :mad::mad:
    i'm taking this personally! *shakes fist*
    was it the pair i got which ive only ever worn once? o.0
    cos if its them then yeah thats ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

they are like my fish tank parts lol those rubber rings may be handy!

Wilburt wrote: »
    :o which pair?! :mad::mad:
    i'm taking this personally! *shakes fist*
    was it the pair i got which ive only ever worn once? o.0
    cos if its them then yeah thats ok

the cross ones. never liked em.

;_;

i've told you that before. though there was a lot of alcohol consumed, it's very possible you dont remember.

• Advertisement

Probably, oh well. No harm done I suppose *shakes fist*

talking of plugs if im in the right thread?I like the look of all those designs as i only have my left ear pierced with the normal standard rings,i have 4 on me ear.So theres no much point having 1 plug on my lobe if i was getting it done as they all wear them on both ears.get me will.:cool:

You can get one ear tapered and one ear pierced to the same size if you go small enough.

Davey you could just stretch one ear if you wanted, but it looks very odd/striking having one ear stretched and the other not.
    What truthinwords said is a good idea if you want to stretch both.
    You could get your other ear pierced at 3.2mm or 2.4mm ad stretch your other to 2.4mm to have em on equal standings then go from there if you prefer.

You can get one ear tapered and one ear pierced to the same size if you go small enough.
    woah!woah!slow down on that plug talk:confused: im new to plugs as i never had one done:)
    truthinwords You can get one ear tapered and one ear pierced to the same size if you go small enough.
    :confused:
    i need know more about this as you quoted is for both ears or one?

Ok you've got one ear pierced. That ear is probably pierced at 1.6mm and can be stretched by your piercer to 2mm and the non-pierced ear can be pierced at 2mm and you can then wear two 2mm plugs.

Davey you could just stretch one ear if you wanted, but it looks very odd/striking having one ear stretched and the other not.
    What truthinwords said is a good idea if you want to stretch both.
    You could get your other ear pierced at 3.2mm or 2.4mm ad stretch your other to 2.4mm to have em on equal standings then go from there if you prefer.
    as i have the piercing holes already i could start stretching to what size first and no i dont want to go to big just the standard size plugs.

Ok you've got one ear pierced. That ear is probably pierced at 1.6mm and can be stretched by your piercer to 2mm and the non-pierced ear can be pierced at 2mm and you can then wear two 2mm plugs.
    hang on il find me calipers, if i find them!

There aren't really many nice plugs below 8mm as there too small to show any detail. There is no "standard size" they range from 8mm to 30mm for most piercing places after 30mm you have to find someone who makes them/stocks big sizes.

There aren't really many nice plugs below 8mm as there too small to show any detail. There is no "standard size" they range from 8mm to 30mm for most piercing places after 30mm you have to find someone who makes them/stocks big sizes.
    no calipers il have to use me imagination.So smallest start at 8mm.Say i go find a nice pair plugs to suit me could i put in the one 8mm into my pierced hole i have and get the other done by my piercer that would work?

• Advertisement

you stretch them 1mm at a time Davey. think about it some more, not something to just jump into

davey180 wrote: »
    no calipers il have to use me imagination.So smallest start at 8mm.Say i go find a nice pair plugs to suit me could i put in the one 8mm into my pierced hole i have and get the other done by my piercer that would work?

You stretch up from 2.4mm or a simmilar size to 8mm in 1mm stretches using titanium eyelets. If you wanted to go straight to 8mm you could get a dermal punch but it's a bigger deal then just getting pierced.

you stretch them 1mm at a time Davey. think about it some more, not something to just jump into
    i know that will il have to think about it alright.Its not the hollow type plug id like its the solid round ones.No i wouldnt think of just jumping to get them done as i need to do a research on starting with ear plugs.I have the wikipedia link and shortcuted the site.it has good info on it and i think il study it before i get mine done.As for you will you know much more about plugs,thats why i thought id ask you first!

i found something like this type of plug on a site and they are 6mm.
    That would suit me alright(not the design)are they smaller ones than 6mm?

80_skg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Prepare for pictures! This is my downsized collection. I've been selling off everything that I never wear, so this is all my stuff that I love.

box-1.jpg
    My magic box. Will be painted... some day.

drawer.jpg
    Did manage to line one drawer before my glue gun ran out of sticks.

Hangies/spirals/etc
    hangies.jpg
    First row: Gorilla Glass barbs in purple, ocean blue
    Second row: Ribbon dichro spirals, Gorilla Glass ocean blue spirals
    Third: Onyx pinchers

Organics, Metal, and stuff I wear through eyelets
    stonemetal.jpg
    First Column: Snowflake obsidian, Tiffany stone, wooden ohms
    Second column: Anatometal custom blings with amethyst, sapphire, and blue tourmaline, amethyst cubic zirconia blings, Industrial strength steel eyelets
    Third column: 10g hoochie hoops, 4g industrial strength acrylic hoops
    Waiting on: Amethyst mayan eyelets and faceted green peridot.

Glass
    glass-1.jpg
    First column: Glasswear studios red pebble plugs, glasswear pink galaxies, glasswear lime foils, gorilla glass ocean blue solids
    Second column: Industrial strength dichro in blue, violet, dark pink, crystal opal silver and gorilla glass ocean blue bulletholes.
    Third column: Industrial strength satin dichro eyelets in blue and pink, industrial strength transparent dichro in pink and violet, opalite
    Waiting on: Gorilla Glass power plugs in purple and magenta.

Kaos Softwear
    kaos-1.jpg
    First column: Kaos silicone eyelets in glitter cobalt, blurple, and pink
    Second column: Kaos in black, grape, transparent purple, and pink leopard print
    Third column: Kaos eyeskins in clear, blurple, and pink.
    (Yeah, some of these look like they have ear cheese on them, but Kaos seems to attract weird dust that sticks, even if it isn't being worn...)
    Waiting on: Yellow and magenta kaos eyelets.

Gauge wrote: »
    Prepare for pictures! This is my downsized collection. I've been selling off everything that I never wear, so this is all my stuff that I love.
    your well stocked gauge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Thanks davey!

You should probably edit your post and delete the pics so people don't have to scroll through them twice :)

Gauge wrote: »
    Thanks davey!

You should probably edit your post and delete the pics so people don't have to scroll through them twice :)
    done gauge:D I feel like a moderater doing that!lol:D

fuppin AWESOME gauge! love your collection, a lot of that would be quite similar to stuff i'd get if i had stretched ears. absolutely beautiful stuff. i was gonna do like i did for will's but then thought it would be easier to just outline the stuff i didnt like, but then thought that would be a bit rude, so i figure ill jus tpoint out that you have excellent taste. love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

how big can you go but then say take them out someday and let them go back to normal size? just curious im not even sure if its possible. pic?

Advertisement