Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plugs!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I would say about 6mm is the max you could go before your ear not returning to normal. Again this is totally variable and might be more or less depending on the size of your lobes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

^ What Will said.

Would vary from person to person, but above 6mm, the chances are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

i had my ears at 10mm and they came back to normal after i took them out.
    /:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've heard of people going back to normal from 14mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Your mileage may vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

depends, apparently on how slowly they were stretched too. i remember hot2def stretched really slowly, took them out for a weekend or something, and they went from huge to gone in a matter of days or something. if i was in a better mood, i'd find her post...

Heads up, BAF has a 20% off sale at the moment. 20% off + weak dollar = OMGWTFPLUGSSS.

I also have built up $102 in store credit and gift certificates. It's going to be anatometal all the way for me!

i think will just came.

*splurge*
    i get paid on thursday, hopefully sale will still be on

It's on til next Sunday, they're having an APP clearout. Just enter the code they have on the front page at the checkout.

I could get a pair of super-blings for €74...so very tempted...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

You stretch up from 2.4mm or a simmilar size to 8mm in 1mm stretches using titanium eyelets. If you wanted to go straight to 8mm you could get a dermal punch but it's a bigger deal then just getting pierced.

I got my ears pierced and stretched to 6mm in one session in Snakebite. It hurt getting done but it healed very easily.

Gauge wrote: »
    It's on til next Sunday, they're having an APP clearout. Just enter the code they have on the front page at the checkout.

I could get a pair of super-blings for €74...so very tempted...

Ah hmm may be worth waiting until after the APP. Sure you've seen the forums on IAM, loadsa nice stuff on its way!

I'm getting OneTribe to do a custom pair of plugs for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

think i needs to making a purchase soon. current total of plugs i have is .. wait for it. one. yes one. and i accutaly bought new ones last week (cheap plasic ones but still) gotta remember to take them out before you enter teh mosh pit :D

Silicone plugs are great for mosh pits :)

Bump for pluggies! 4 new pairs this week:
    emerald_dichro.jpg
    Emerald Dichro

crystal_pink.jpg
    Crystal Pink Dichro

IMG_0581.jpg
    Faceted Green Peridot <3

tawapa_amethystear.jpg
    Amethyst Eyelets <3

emerald dichro and amethyst eyelets are just ****ing awesome! if i had plugs, those are the plugs i'd have.

the green one, i think would be awesome, except i dont like the shape of it.. but seriously, i do love your taste in plugs, gauge. feckin awesome.

Custom black and white ebony on their way to me from canadia, along with target plugs

bw-ebony-tear.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Wilburt wrote: »
    Custom black and white ebony on their way to me from canadia, along with target plugs

bw-ebony-tear.jpg
    they are like dinosaur eggs Will but nice too!Would the egg shape make any differance when you put them in?Id presume it take awhile to adjust to the shape.:)

Don't wanna drag up an old thread so I will post it in here...
    People who have been around this forum for a while will remember the mancore thread I started, also any IAM users here will know Mancore is still alive and well ;)

To keep on topic I will also post a pic of another set of custom plugs from paul and I'm getting a pair from OneTribe also :D

mancorekitteh128540075510781250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

davey180 wrote: »
    they are like dinosaur eggs Will but nice too!Would the egg shape make any differance when you put them in?Id presume it take awhile to adjust to the shape.:)

sorry will,so i have too ask this question i posted earlier ^^ in the Mancore thread to get an answer?

• Advertisement

I tried something new today :)

These are opalite plugs (synthetic opal, a kind of glass):

opalite.jpg

Nice but a little boring and meh. I've only worn them once or twice.

opalite-ear.jpg

Let's make them more interesting, by placing them in the oven for twenty minutes at 250 degrees celsius, then drop them into a bowl of iced water...

fried2.jpg

Ooh! Some sparkly cracks. But still meh, so let's give it one more go:

fried1.jpg

Yaaaaay! (It was dark at this stage)

Now they're full of crackles and they sparkle. Yay for fried glass!

Awesomeness!

seriously cool, gauge!

though, the first pic of them reminded me of emz's snowglobe project. that material/colour looks perfect! does anyone know if she ever finished that project?

It didnt happen as yet, anyone i asked to make em didnt have a clue even where to start

Still haven't gotten my custom plugs from Paul over in Canada. He sent em about a week ago. :(

I wouldn't worry too much, post is dodgy at the moment. Took me two and a half weeks to get a package from BAF and it normally only takes a week if not less.

Will keep that in mind while I try not to cry into my pillow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

i never hang onto mine.. ive passed them onto other boardsies and friends, i think emz still has an old pair of eyelets.

Doubt it, her lobes are about 30mm right now. maybe she passed em on. I gave sarannewrap a few of mine

• Advertisement

Here's yesterday's pair, transparent silver blue dichro:

silver_blue_trans.jpg

is_silver-blue.jpg

And the fried opalite in ear:

friedear.jpg

Advertisement