Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long from sale agreed to getting deed?

Options
  • 13-04-2008 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

hi.
    ive just paid a deposit on a house last week in cavan (1k). the estate agent said this amount was fine as the client is happy with my purchase offer.
    im going through a mortgage broker..

so far:

i have sent a salary cert, p60, 3month bank statement, filled out all application forms etc to the broker.
    i have enlisted a solicitor,
    the mortgage broker has said 2 banks have offered me a 95% mortgage.
    now im currently waiting on a letter from my previous employment to state i was in employment with them for 5 years (i changed job a year ago).

so eveything seems to be going forward, but how long should i expect to wait from sale agreed to actually getting the keys, if everything is all running smoothly??

i would love to be in by the summer as it needs new kitchen/bathroom/flooring etc.
    ive heard horror stories of people saying with red tape it could take 6-9 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Each transaction will be unique.

Note that you may sign and be waiting for your keys for a while and that it might take years for the deeds to filter through - in any case the mortgage holder will have them until youa re paid up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Have to agree with Victor, it really does depend. For me it was about 6 months, but that was particularly long and was agreed up front, to give them a chance to find somewhere else to live.

A friend of mine bought and got the keys all within about 2 months, so it is possible.

One thing that I would watch out for is the life assurance and house insurance. Start pricing it now and assemble all the information that they will need, application forms etc. The bank will not let you draw down the loan until these are in place.

Good luck with your new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

thanks.
    ill work on looking up info on life assurance and home insurance.
    cheers all.

Advertisement