Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

peru to mexico

• 13-04-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

i am heading to peru and want to head to mexico up through panama... has anyone done it? looking for some advice.

thanks

dani

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Never done it in that direction.

Just head up through Peru towards the Peru-Ecuador border. I found the easiest and most hassle free crossing was in La Tina crossing into Macara. The coastal crossing at Tumbes can be a bit of an experience. Just have your wits about you and you'll be grand. Don't accept dollars from people on the street. They'll be most likely fake. And don't let anyone other than an official help you with paperwork.

You can then always fly from Quito to Panama City. It's only a little less than 2 hours flying time. Or if you wanted to go up through Colombia you can always fly from Cartagena to Panama City. As far as i remember the name of a cheap airline is called Aires. Don't think they have a website though.

Crossing by land can be done but is really dangerous. You'd have to cross thorugh an area called the darian gap. It's occupied by drug trafficers and paramilitaries.

Advertisement