Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Full Irish Breakfast in Galway!!??

Options
  • 14-04-2008 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just wondering where is the best place for a serious full Irish breakfast.. I like The Cellars and The Homeplate do a pretty mean one too!! So where is else can ya proper breakfast???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Vagrant

Personal favourite for a giant plate of fried meat with trimmings : Living Room.
    Depending on your taste, you might like the breakfast in Ard Bia. Gubeen smoked bacon and sausages. And they do a mean cup of tea. Though their breakfasts are a little on the small side, they're fecking tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Always found the living room skank and lacking, especially their skank ass beans. As for O'Riordans, Hell ya Always rolled outta der with a full happy belly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I've had hangover brekkie in numerous haunts over the last years. Here are the results of my findings:

1, Lohan's, Salthill. Tastiest breakfast in Galway. Quality food (including Colleran's pudding - yummy!), strong coffee, comfy seating, friendly staff (although not the fastest).

2, Cellar, Eglinton Street. Similar to above but just not as tasty.

3, GPO, Eglinton St (I must admit I haven't been there for about 2 years). Where quantity overcomes quality! A big plate full of greasy calories to keep you full for the day.

4, Huntsman, College Road. Nice breakfast on the other side of town. It's hard to get the attention of the staff though.

5, Lynch's, Shop Street. Best for value and choice and speed. A buffet style breakfast where you pay per item. In hindsight, it doesn't deserve to be fifth but nonody will beat Lohan's.

This morning, I had Corn Flakes at home :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Trisha's, a wee place around the corner from the back entrance of the Eyre Square Shopping Centre. 10 outta 10 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Hands down, o riordans, on quay street. all for 6 or 7 euro i think..its other half is finnegans near cps..they almost have the same breakfast except they give wedges instead of yum crispy potato slices...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I like Finnegans.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Finnigans is the best IMO. Plenty of food for your euro. Its a great treat after a hard night out.
    Its beside CPs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Monroes but be prepared to wait for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

O'Riordan's do an awesome breakfast, great value for money too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

Café de Journal on quay street is my absolute winner..few different breakfast options including great veggie option. Not in anyway greasy, nice brown bread...want one now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Riordans or Lynches. (Aren't Riordans and Finnegans the same?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

My workplace :D

Except they only do fry's on Monday/Friday - but it's a buffet with decent quality sausages/rahsers/pudding/hash brownes etc. etc. and its all free muwah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Agree with Lohans..had full irish on sat....unreal.

fast too...probably depends on the crowd at the time of ordering..was in at 10.15 and it wasnt that busy either.

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I've had hangover brekkie in numerous haunts over the last years. Here are the results of my findings:

1, Lohan's, Salthill. Tastiest breakfast in Galway. Quality food (including Colleran's pudding - yummy!), strong coffee, comfy seating, friendly staff (although not the fastest).

2, Cellar, Eglinton Street. Similar to above but just not as tasty.

3, GPO, Eglinton St (I must admit I haven't been there for about 2 years). Where quantity overcomes quality! A big plate full of greasy calories to keep you full for the day.

4, Huntsman, College Road. Nice breakfast on the other side of town. It's hard to get the attention of the staff though.

5, Lynch's, Shop Street. Best for value and choice and speed. A buffet style breakfast where you pay per item. In hindsight, it doesn't deserve to be fifth but nonody will beat Lohan's.

This morning, I had Corn Flakes at home :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Café de Journal on quay street is my absolute winner..few different breakfast options including great veggie option. Not in anyway greasy, nice brown bread...want one now :(

qft, though it's hard to get a place there sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Galway Plate is good, I've heard O'Riordans but never been there...I like The Galway Arms myself...pretty generous and the oul lad behind the bar seems sound and its a nice quiet place...you'd never be waiting too long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

cellar is way to slow and I dont like the place, Riordans ftw or make your own you lasy sod

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Riordans. Anybody saying finnagans is wrong because both places serve the same food but finnagans is a bit more expensive. Also the staff in riordans are nicer. Quite friendly.

They know what I order in riordans at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Riordans. Anybody saying finnagans is wrong because both places serve the same food but finnagans is a bit more expensive. Also the staff in riordans are nicer. Quite friendly.

given up on the auld vegetarianism?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My friends eat the full irish, I eat their vegetarian breakfast which is delicious. Costs 6.90. Nyom nyom.

• Advertisement

Agreed that the Cellar takes ages, but they do have some quality full-irish at a good price considering. I also like the Homeplate ones with their homefries.

Yum.

Wrong? Lol!

What's the price difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i know its not in galway city but the railway cafe in tuam does the biggest and best breakfast i have ever eaten its as big as a dinner and all for only 7-50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

Go to the Radisson. It has everything!!! I never want to go anywhere else for breakfast since I discovered here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Isn't Café du Journal gone now and replaced with a steakhouse? Or is it back?

:confused:

This thread is great, going to include a list of fry-up joints on my wedding invites and ye took all the work out of it. :D

Sherifu wrote: »
    Wrong? Lol!

What's the price difference?

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

It's like 70c difference for the exact same food for my brekkie so it is not the best! :p

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

It's like 70c difference for the exact same food for my brekkie so it is not the best! :p
    I prefer the location of Finnegans tbh. I'll still eat there when I can!

Well if you are happier with more expensive food(smaller cups of oj too!) not as good staff(free refills baby!) just because quay street(??) is not as good location then eat away! ;-)

I do eat in Finnagans when Riordan's is full though.

I intend to! *nyom* *nyom* *nyom*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Monroes Tavern used do a fantastic fry/grill years ago when I was in School and I would assume they still do, so did the Lisheen which is now the Living Room.

Advertisement