Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Full Irish Breakfast in Galway!!??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

I didn't like monroes at all, too slow & not enough food on the huge plate. My favourite is Freeneys in salthill, lovely food & great value. Galway Arms is very good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

I think Finnegans is pretty good and has nice location they have a tasty and cheap lunch special too!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Reminds me of some other lunch special somewhere. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I do eat in Finnagans when Riordan's is full though.
    Lol. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

majiktripp wrote: »
    .... so did the Lisheen which is now the Living Room.

The Lisheen on Bridge Street and the Left Bank on Dominic Street were the same owners, and they are now running Riordans on Quay Street and Finnegans on Middle Street. I think that they may have another place, too, but I'm not sure.

Very nice people all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

F(r)eeney's, Salthill or Mother Hubbard's in Kilcolgan..

Hungry thinking of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Vagrant wrote: »
    Depending on your taste, you might like the breakfast in Ard Bia. Gubeen smoked bacon and sausages. And they do a mean cup of tea. Though their breakfasts are a little on the small side, they're fecking tasty.
    Def Ard Bia! Unless you've been out big time the night before, then Riordans across the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

No more Ard Bia on Quay Street; "Dahling" has moved on to greener pastures.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

I remember The Left Bank on Dominick St used to do an amazing fry, always got a seat, quick service and fill ya for the day!! Best place in Galway at the time, even though it was swimming in grease!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

philboy wrote: »
    As for O'Riordans, Hell ya Always rolled outta der with a full happy belly :-)
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

philboy wrote: »
    ya Always rolled outta der with a full happy belly :-)

And tea sweats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 crazycatlady

O'Riordans everytime....

Best breakfast grub in Galway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Trisha's, a wee place around the corner from the back entrance of the Eyre Square Shopping Centre. 10 outta 10 ;)

+1 ... really nice people, and excellent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Think the girls working there a a bit fking ignorant. Some 1 that worked there about 2 years ago was especially rude. Some girl with short dark hair, used to shout at the customers..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Think the girls working there a a bit fking ignorant. Some 1 that worked there about 2 years ago was especially rude. Some girl with short dark hair, used to shout at the customers..

Ah love! You'll get that in every place... adds to the charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aran Galactico

Riordans without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chiempi

I love Home Plate above and beyond all other places for a fry... but as I haven't tried Riordan's yet that'll have to be my next place!

Seriously, though, Home Plate is spectacular, but because it's not open Sundays we tried The Cellar this week, OK but not brilliant (bread and chips not a patch on Home Plate's home fries and bread). Trisha's is also fantastic on Saturdays - quiet and unpretentious and friendly, and lovely old-school food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LeggyBrunette

Finnegans at the top of Market Street, or Frends on the Tuam Road, across from Galway City Gym.

Advertisement