Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stockingwood, "Rathfarnham"

Options
  • 14-04-2008 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

My God, how long are we going to be ripped off like this :rolleyes:

Went to see the 4 bed houses in Stocking wood, "Rathfarnham" yesterday.

Firstly, they're nowhere NEAR Rathfarnham, I think we had to drive through Firhouse and Knocklyon before we got to Rathfarnham village.

Secondly, they're TINY! Jesus, the living space was rediculous. The kitchen and diner were no bigger than a shoebox, and the living room, if you could call it that would seat no more than 3.

Thirdly, they are miles away from anywhere - a good 20 minute walk to the weekly bus I'd say.

And they're still selling for 550,000. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Glowing wrote: »
    Firstly, they're nowhere NEAR Rathfarnham, I think we had to drive through Firhouse and Knocklyon before we got to Rathfarnham village.
    Well they're not entirely sure where they are. They're definitely D16, and the area to the east is Rathfarnham. In the end, they'll probably be part of Knocklyon.
    Thirdly, they are miles away from anywhere - a good 20 minute walk to the weekly bus I'd say.
    There are two good bus routes which stop outside stocking wood and which leave every 15 minutes on weekdays. Of course, it's once an hour on the weekends.

They're massively overpriced for what you get. The standard of finish is pretty good, but nowhere near warrants the price. With Dalriada across the road dropping their prices sharply, Stocking Wood will have to go the same way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bedrooms are massive. And depending on whcih type you go for you can have a third floor, which if i was buying one would be a games room!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Bedrooms are massive. And depending on whcih type you go for you can have a third floor, which if i was buying one would be a games room!

I dunno which houses you saw, but I saw the 4 bed near the back of the estate - past the green with the bigger looking houses. These ones were sort of a yellowish brick ......

Tiny bedrooms!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah I think we are on about the same ones, I though they were big, maybe they'd be a step down for you though your highness :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah I think we are on about the same ones, I though they were big, maybe they'd be a step down for you though your highness :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ehh. No. I'm just amazed that they can try sell a house with such small living space given there are 4 bedrooms. Thats what I find rediculous. They'll try sell a 4 bed as a family home, but give nowhere for the family to 'live'. Can you imagine a family with 3 kids living there? Honestly?

By the way, I've nothing against small houses - I live in one.

• Advertisement

I dont see why not, Parents can have the whole top floor and kids can have the 3 bedrooms, they'd probably need to stick a tv in the kitchen/dining room though..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I live just down the road from here. The bus stops literally outside the estate.....
    Couldnt be closer without being in the estate.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I live just down the road from here. The bus stops literally outside the estate.....
    Couldnt be closer without being in the estate.

Okay, i'll admit defeat on this point :)

The houses in Dalriada were 3 beds but had a much more spacious feeling in them. I'm not sure how much they're going for though.

It's just exhausting reading the blurb on a new development, looking at the photos, and then when you find the estate, it's just another legoland with storage-less houses, tiny gardens and no parking. I'm not looking for a big house, far from it. Just one that is well thought out for it's purpose. The lack of a utility room for example is really inconvenient for a family, as is the lack of a 'cloak room' or a place in the hall for storage for shoes/coats etc.

I just get the feeling that these developments are all out to rip us off by cutting corners, and saving every penny they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Rathfarnham is a few miles long. Stocking lane is still Rathfarnham. The development is opposite the Rathfarnham Golf course for heaven's sake :p

Now, if you go out the wrong end, it's another matter.

Advertisement