Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kildare Outlets- anyuone know if they're any good?

• 14-04-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My wife drove past the outlets last weekend (but I was too hungover to visit them). they seem to have a good selection of outlets (Levis, Nike, tommy etc.)Anyone know are they cheap prices? Or are they like the 'outlets' in Killarney which aren't cheap whatsoever...
    In the US the outlets are real outlets with BARGIN, SALE, DISCOUNT prices....

Ta,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Kildare outlet mall is rubbish, the best one I've found is 20 miles north of Newry called banbridge outlet mall and they take Euro as well, lots of bargains and big name places too, check it out, I normally hit it on the numberous trips to IKEA I seem to be making lately (damn girlfriend) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Went into the Ted Baker shop. Didn't seem to have any of the same style that are currently in their main stores in Dublin city / Dundrum.
    What's the deal with them? Are outlet stores just a way for them to shift old styles / overstock at low prices?
    Wasn't overly impressed, but I am a bloke... my g/f wants to go back though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Stock there is never great, prices arent too "discount" either really ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Went into the Ted Baker shop. Didn't seem to have any of the same style that are currently in their main stores in Dublin city / Dundrum.
    What's the deal with them? Are outlet stores just a way for them to shift old styles / overstock at low prices?
    Wasn't overly impressed, but I am a bloke... my g/f wants to go back though :p

her indoors picked me up a really nice ted baker shirt for the day after our wedding. Reduced from nearly 100 to 40 I think. I've never bought anything when I've been there except a pair of dockers pants in the levi store.

OP: Nothing I hate more than shopping with a hangover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

whiskeyman wrote: »

That's exactly what outlet stores are. They sell last seasons stock or stock that is defected some how.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I went. Thought it was crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

TBH the stores prices are similiar to any others store prices on the the high street.

They have a good Starbucks tho'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Kildare outlets are better than the ones in Rathdowney or Killarney. But it's still just an outlet store.

I've found some bargains in the Nike store (though they're a bit like hen's teeth - it's not that cheap normally), and I got a fabulous ladies trench coat in Ted Baker.

TBH, I wouldn't make the trip there especially, but it's fine to stop there if you're passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I found a lot of the clothes were odds sizes, like 38 waist 30 leg jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I thought it was ok, small but the shops that are there are the main outlet type stores that you want.

Some decent bargains alright it seemed to me.

The Italian restaurant does a nice lasagne too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

As some posters have already mentioned there are bargains to be had but you will have to really look for them.

Yep, also agree with the comments about the quality of some of the gear there - really weird sizes or defects. I picked up a pair of jeans in the Levi shop, got home and discovered that the side seams weren't straight - at the waistband they were fine, on the side where they should be but by the time you got to the bottom of the leg the seam was at the front of the jeans.

I can't comment on the girly clothes but for blokes it's OK for tops & runners, that's about it though. The Reebok store has some good stuff in it. All the clothes in the Nike shop seem to be for 9ft tall basketball players.

Not worth making a special trip there that's for sure.

And there is an outdoor/hiking shop there and let me tell ya....there's bugger all discount about them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

I've stopped in a few times. Clarks send alot of overstock there so there's a good selection of shoes. Outdoor shops have good selection of gear (bought a Goretex jacket). Bought a caserole in Le Cruset. Think we got a toaster in the kitchen shop. My other half has bought jeans in Levis. And there's a Starbucks for nice coffee. Worth a stop if you're passing:)

Saabdub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i found the kildare outlets to be a bit ****ty. if you have a waist smaller than 28 or larger than 42 it would be great, but other than that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

keefg wrote: »
    Yep, also agree with the comments about the quality of some of the gear there - really weird sizes or defects. I picked up a pair of jeans in the Levi shop, got home and discovered that the side seams weren't straight - at the waistband they were fine, on the side where they should be but by the time you got to the bottom of the leg the seam was at the front of the jeans.

Were they not all the rage a few years ago. Remember the ads with the twisty people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Went last year and thought it was terrible. Minimal reductions on ripoff prices, nothing that looked good, oh and "No photography of the buildings allowed" FFS, I wanted a pic of the ancient structure in the background, not the shops!

We did buy an iron though.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

You have to understand the market they are targeting - its more Grafton street than Henry street.

The parent company is the same as Premium Outlets in USA.

Here's a brief rundown of some of the stores.

Keneth Turner - candles & home fragrancing. High end of market, very select taste. Products sell in Harvey Nichols, Houyse of Fraser etc.

Le Crueset - Ktchen ware. Prices 30% - 40% below prices charged in Debenhams, but still €80 + ( but will last alifetime and once you start cooking with le creuset you won;t use anything else.

Golfino - elegant golfing style clothing for men & women. Well priced and very good quality. - Some promnotions can see 60% off rrp.

Bed linen store (forget name) armani etc - huge reductions, but original prices in the hundreds.

Radley Bags - Again, they sell in high end stores. (women will know the value here)

Thomas Pink Shirts - on average 40% off their prices in Dublin city.

Ralph Lauren - Large store excellent value on shirts (44.95 each when you buy 2) Jeans €59, Knitwear 30 - 40% off. Children's are excellent.

Cafe Cotton - part of large french chain of upmarket shirts. Shirts sell for approx. €40 down from €65.

Karen Millen - very poor. Mostly leftover stock same with Monsoon.

Ted Baker - poor selection of sizes

Savoy Taylors guild - everyday suits & shirts. Personally never liked them, but hadny if you need suits for work.

Quicksilver - probably the best for discounts (up to 60% off current season) & decent range.

Villeroy & Boch - high end glass & ceramics

Viners - High end cutlery - good ranges

Pepe - never liked the styling, but if its your taste, good reductions

Calvin Klein Jeans - decent selection and 30 - 40% off. Again CK is high priced normally so 30% off a 140.00 pair of jeans can still be expensive.

Corso Italia - Menswear, Stonefly, Armani, Valentino. Very well priced but ranges limited.

Oasis - excellent if looking for bridesmaid dress or other frilly stuff. Not much of their standard ranges stocked.

Reiss - very poor selection, very small store.

Molton Brown - If you like it (and most women do) its superb. At least 30% off Dundrum prices & good selection.

Myla - lingerie. High end, but am told well priced. - (Dougal get out of there!!!)

Nike - Excellent for footwear, clothing a bit hit & miss.

Orsoff - home decoration stuff. Pricey.

Calvin Klein Underwear - well priced, Regular 3 for 2 promotions.

Petite Bateau - excellent french children store. High end, ideal if looking for clothing gift for kid age 0 to 10.

Levis - Not great. Good promotions on clearance, but not the best of ranges.

Home & Cook - kettle, coffee makers pots & pans. Very well priced and regular promotions

Clarks - Rubbish. This is Clarks UK ranges and nothing like the clarks shoes sold in Irish Clarks stores operated by Clarks International.

Overall, its a good centre if you like the higher end brands. Everything is minimum 30% off retail price, but some of the brands represented are at the very high end, so a cashmere jumper reduced from €600 to €400 is not many peoples idea of a bargain.

National stud is a few hundred yards away - so a visit to both will give a good day out. - and stud is fab at this time of year with all the new foals!

hope above helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I found some stores to have very odd sizes and pecularities

Thomas Pink - a lot of the women's shirts are size 6 and 8.

Karen Millen - have a lot of shopsoiled stock (makeup etc)

Nike - great for shoes as mentioned, but I was looking for a dri-fit running top and it was a choice of 2. Both were quite expensive. May as well buy them on Grafton Street.

Myla - seem to only cater for the smaller sized woman. Very tiny bras.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

eh to be honest there is only one word to sum it up. . . CRAP. . . if your looking for a decent outlet, your better off going north to 'The Outlet' its about 10 minutes south of belfast. Or even just for a good days shopping. . Omagh is fantastic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

I get some stuff there

Clarks have good formal shoes most times
    There are some good options for suits/shirts... decent prices
    My wife liked the polo shop. it is huge. good range. not sure how much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Giggsy75

I think it's very much hit and miss with Kildare Village. I got lucky today in the Nike Store I bought 4 Nike Pro Vent tops for a measly €26.40.....unbelievable :D I got fab surf shorts in Tog 24, only €15 each. A couple of months ago I got a deadly pair of Merrells in Clarks only €60... :D Then of course there's the flip side, on many occasions I've gone there and left empty handed, not a thing to be had and anything that was half decent was way over-priced :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement