Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Taxidermist

Options
  • 14-04-2008 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

HI caught a lovely trout there last night and was looking to keep it so looking for a good taxidermist, I hear there is a good lad in Cavan, Im from wicklow is it worth the drive up??? Does anybody know of anybody else who is good???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 maigheo

nice one, try the shooting thread for taxidermist you might get some help there.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

you could try this fella. jerry foley 014931614, he`s from south dublin. i left my stuffed pike in 2 get redone, good job but bit slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

You might want to consider having a fibreglass reproduction made instead. A lot of oily fish like trout and salmon don't make great skin mounts simply because there is no way to get absolutely all of the oil out of the skin and it eventually bleeds through the paint. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

What size and any hope of a pic?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

you could try this fella. jerry foley 014931614, he`s from south dublin. i left my stuffed pike in 2 get redone, good job but bit slow

Don't even think of going there.
    A bit slow is the understatement of the year.
    I gave him stuff in 2001 and I'm still waiting!
    How slow is that!:mad:

Try the guy in Kilnaleck, Cavan. He's good, reasonable and quick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement