Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StoneyBatter - houses for Sale

Options
  • 14-04-2008 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi, I really like the area and would be really interested in buying there. There appears to be quiet a few "Sale agreed"/"Sold" signs up in the area at present, but when I look at the prices of the houses up there they are all over 400k. Are people buying at these prices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sarahhurray

The cottages are certainly going for less. The two ups two downs were closer to 500k so maybe people are biting at the €400k mark. Go view and ask estate agent if owners are open to offers. It's a pretty nice area but the prices did go nuts. I'd imagine they will keep coming down to be honest.
    A new tactic for sellers seems to be to price in the 10% people are automatically taking off in their offers so you can assume they expect to get less than the asking. Plus there are a lot of them and they are all much of a muchness so have to compete with each other.

Advertisement