Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody enjoying Avatar on nick toons

Options
  • 14-04-2008 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I wanted to open this question up because last week i found my girlfriend in the sitting room watching avatar. now she isn't one to sit down and watch any anime and i didn't think mush of it when i first sat down to watch it with her... but low and behold every night at nine o clock i sit down to watch avatar not because she is watching it but because i actually am enjoying it. bloody brilliant but am i the only one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

would Avatar be considered anime? I know its heavily influenced but it is an american made cartoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 spicywedge

I know, i see where you are coming from, its one of those tricky ones that kind of falls between 2 catagories but i must say they are doing a good job of a copy. it has the fake history and mythology, the all powerful hero learning his powers to get stronger, the conflicted villian, the comedic buddy, the uncle( every anime has an uncle) and of course the filler episode thathas nothing to do with the plot :D

Advertisement