Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Galena Shower Problem

Options
  • 14-04-2008 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

I have a Mira Galena Electric Shower about a year now, about a month ago water stopped coming out of the head but all the electrics seemed to work fine. I got someone out to fix it and they said it was the filter on the unit, all worked fine up until this morning, but the water is still coming out but its now running hot then cold then hot again.

http://www.mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/shower_features.jsp?item=545316&prod_num=Galena

The shower is feed from the tank in the attic.

What could be the problem this time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Anyone? I rang Mira today and they said it might not be the unit so they can't replace it until I let a plumber have a look at it, I don't want to hire another guy to fix it, costing me a fortune at this stage....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If it was only fixed a month ago, i'd get the last guy who "fixed" it back!!

The input filter was blocked after 11 months use? that's hard to believe... is there alot of contamination in your water? do you live in an area with hard water?

Are you sure the shower is fed from the tank in the attic?

For example my brother's mira sport shower stopped working after 8 years... i cleaned the input filter with a tooth brush, now its as good as new :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

For example my brother's mira sport shower stopped working after 8 years... i cleaned the input filter with a tooth brush, now its as good as new :D[/QUOTE

Don't mean to hijack this thread...but .. DublinDilbert... can you tell me how to clean the input filter please? do I just take off the cover ?... (assume I turn off electricity before I do this? and water?)... I've a power shower and the water isn't coming out as hot as it used to (feeds from tank)..I descaled the shower head (our water is atrociously limey).... or should I post a new thread? :confused: Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

justagirl wrote: »

For example my brother's mira sport shower stopped working after 8 years... i cleaned the input filter with a tooth brush, now its as good as new :D[/QUOTE

Don't mean to hijack this thread...but .. DublinDilbert... can you tell me how to clean the input filter please? do I just take off the cover ?... (assume I turn off electricity before I do this? and water?)... I've a power shower and the water isn't coming out as hot as it used to (feeds from tank)..I descaled the shower head (our water is atrociously limey).... or should I post a new thread? :confused: Thank you.

You must be up in co-louth with all that hard water :)

Firstly the internet is your friend ;) google your make of shower and find the user manual, it will explain how to clean the filter, its a very common fault...

If you down load the user manual, you'll probably find places selling the filters on-line fairly cheaply, or might be able to source one locally.... usually these are dirt cheap.

Yep you should knock off the power... you might or might not have to turn off the water supply to the shower too, depending on how the filter is designed to come out (i believe)...

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Hi DublinDilbert, thanks for the reply, the plumber did say that the filter might of been blocked due to construction in the area. I will give him a call maybe if theres a problem he can ring Mira to explain if there is a problem with the unit.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

justagirl wrote: »

You must be up in co-louth with all that hard water :)

Firstly the internet is your friend ;) google your make of shower and find the user manual, it will explain how to clean the filter, its a very common fault...

If you down load the user manual, you'll probably find places selling the filters on-line fairly cheaply, or might be able to source one locally.... usually these are dirt cheap.

Yep you should knock off the power... you might or might not have to turn off the water supply to the shower too, depending on how the filter is designed to come out (i believe)...

Thank you DublinDilbert - am in East Meath - water is utterly terrible :rolleyes: Limescale everywhere... - I would never have thought to google the manual (again! :rolleyes:)... will do that for sure.... and sort out the filter... Thanks again!

Advertisement