Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Today: Can I head in early?

Options
  • 14-04-2008 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I have my test in Ballymun SGS today.

Anyone know if I can go in early? Test is at 1pm but I'd like to go now.. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I think if your there about half an hour early they will take you if they have room, I was finnished my test by the time I was booked in for, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Thanks folks. Will need some luck alright. My car failed NCT on CO2 emissions. So now I'm driving my Dads car for the test. First time driving my Dads car was this morning. Not used to it at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Good luck...

15 mins early is the norm, and its something youre supposed to do, The test starts at the time, if you aint there they fail you, it says somewhere on the documentation they sent you to be 15 mins early.

Being 30 mins early would probably mean you are the first person they call out when they come to take the new bunch, and you might get it over and done with quicker.

I was 15 mins early but had a long wait, as a lot of people were there before me and they took them in the order they arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I was about 30min early. Still had a long wait.

It took me a few seconds to find all the wipers and lights, but got them eventually. And I knew where all the stuff was under the hood.

My tester was a pretty sound guy. Didn't mind chatting away.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Just read Blackwizard's post in the Successful thread and he did pass. Congratulations Blackwizard! I'm not even ready to apply for my test (beginning to wonder if I ever will be!), but it's great to hear all the driving test stories and advice from people here.

Advertisement