Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Locking my car sets off the Alarm

Options
  • 14-04-2008 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Whenever I lock my car, it sets off the alarm.

I drove into work this morning no problem. Parked outside. I was in work 15 minutes when I heard my alarm going off. Went out and knocked it off. Then, when I tried to lock the car again, it went off again.

Now, I can't lock the car. When I zap it to lock it, it locks alright but the alarm goes off straight away.

It's not an overly sensitive alarm. In fact, in the almost 3 years I've had the car I'd say this is the first time the alarm ever went off.

Anyone any idea what could be causing it. My car is now sitting outside on the street unlocked. I'm not overly worried today as I have nothing in it, but I often would have stuff in it that I would want to lock it for.

The car is a 02 MG ZS and the Alarm on it is the standard Factory Fitted one (as far as I know. I never fitted one anyone)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

BnA wrote: »
    My car is now sitting outside on the street unlocked. I'm not overly worried today as I have nothing in it, but I often would have stuff in it that I would want to lock it for.

Can't you lock it with the key the old fashioned way (and not set the alarm).

Most alarms have a diagnostic mode but I guess as you didn't install it you don't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

stevec wrote: »
    Can't you lock it with the key the old fashioned way (and not set the alarm).

Most alarms have a diagnostic mode but I guess as you didn't install it you don't have it.

Hmmm. Should have thought of that. Car is locked now at least.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing my alarm problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Is the window open? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

BnA wrote: »
    Hmmm. Should have thought of that. Car is locked now at least.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing my alarm problem ?

Spoke too soon. Alarm went off again after only locking it with the Key. Only difference between locking by key and zapping it is, zapping it the alarm goes off straight away, locking by key it waits a few minutes.

Quarryman. Not a bad idea. I'll check....

One back window was slightly (milimetres) open. I've closed that and it's locked now. I'll wait and see.

Advertisement