Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets win some money Mid-week Sports

Options
  • 14-04-2008 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi guys, well I had an enforced weekend off with the betting, no capital for investment.

So what's on for the week ahead. Chelsea tonight at 9/2 on is a cert but need big money to make a retirn.

Looking at German league, Shalke home v Cottbus @4/9seems appealing.

The snooker champ is starting soon. Should gives an opportunity to make some money. Betting in running and frame betting meade some money for me before.

What ye think lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

Drogheda are 8/11 to beat Dungannon Swifts in the Setanta Cup, that's where my few euro are going tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Big gamble on Drogheda.

Were 4/5 earlier, now going lower than 4/6 most places.

8/11 still great value.

They are in a different league:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Good win last night lads. **** it didn't get on it myself. Last I saw Drogheda were winning 4-0.

What about the result at Chelsea, 1-1 Wigan.

Right going to get on Shalke 4/9 Home v Cottbus and Hull away to Barnsley at 6/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Am going to break my golden rule and lump on West Brom away @ 6/4;)

• Advertisement

I was looking at West Brom myself. I'm not sure is Kev Phillips starting though. Wolves at home will be tough fighting for play-off position as well.

Like yourself I'm trying to avoid away teams. Confused now.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Its not the away part that worries me:) Every time I back West Brom they let me down. They should still have enough fire power for tonight though even if Philips isn't playing

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wolves West Brom is a dodgy one imo. Local derby allied to the fact that the championship is just nuts as well. The bookies must be cleaning up on championship matches this year I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

St. Pats are a good bet at odds against to beat Linfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'll go with the Micky D's to beat Hereford 10/11. Just because they're promoted doesn't mean the fans will happily sit at a less than 100% display.

• Advertisement

63587614 wrote: »
    Right going to get on Shalke 4/9 Home v Cottbus and Hull away to Barnsley at 6/4.

Looking good. Shalke won 5-0 and Hull 2-0 up after 52 mins.

I had a free €50 bet with Boylesports and stuck it on Derry City to beat Glentoran at 13/10. Still 0-0 early in second half.

Edit: Derry 1 up through a Conor Sammon peno. Scored on 50 mins and about 25 left now.

Derry finished up 1-1. :(

Well done Will and 63587614, few good shouts.

No more bets for me now until the eircom league on Friday. Haven't really looked at the games yet but keep an eye out for Wexford Youth's price at home to Athlone Town. Will be tight but I reckon we'll nick it. 11/10 with Paddy Power is a bit skinny, but anything 5/4 or above is good value imo.

Lads ye will never believe me never got the bet on. Finished work starving so went directly home for dinner. No bookies since that stupid German relegation play-off Duisburg v Cottbus.

Right going check out games for today. Stuggart at home 4/6 look appealing.

Right going with Stuggart and Salsborg / Swedish league dbbl.

Check out Valencia might be worth a punt as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Right going with Stuggart and Salsborg / Swedish league dbbl.

I don't understand this...

Sorry dude meant Elfsborg in Swedish league. Again left Stuggart out to my demise. Stuggart win 3-0. And Juve stick Parma.

Went with PSG in French FA cup bt Amateur team 1-0 away. Now waiting on Elfsborg 2m playing away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Sorry dude meant Elfsborg in Swedish league. Again left Stuggart out to my demise.

Put up or shut up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sorry dude meant Elfsborg in Swedish league. Again left Stuggart out to my demise. Stuggart win 3-0. And Juve stick Parma.

Went with PSG in French FA cup bt Amateur team 1-0 away. Now waiting on Elfsborg 2m playing away though.

Not a problem :) I thought my poor sense of geography had gotten a hell of a lot poorer overnight!

PSG can't have been great odds against an amateur team surely? And what are Elfsborg tonight?

Put up or shut up. What's that mean.

PSG were 4/11. And Elfsborg are 13/20. Around evens in the double.

Valencia won in Spanish cup last night, I think that guarantees them a place in Europe.

**** that ****. Elfsborg lost 0-1 to the worst team in Sweden. All I know is I better be getting paid 2m.

Chelsea win 0-1. At least it keeps premier league open for a bit longer. Still Utds to lose, no chance!!!

Ok lads over to ye for weekend to turn it around.

• Advertisement

Ok boys have Arsenal here in a trio, worked out at evens. Munster 2/7, Inter 1/4 and Arsenal 1/4.

So lads, midweek football. I see Man Utd 10/11. Not sure about this. But at home big advantage.

Only thing is are the wheels coming off for Utd.

What about Utd to qualify at 8/11.

San Antonio Spurs 2/5 Home NBA playoffs.

Advertisement