Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphics problem- help needed

Options
  • 14-04-2008 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭

i've been having a problem recently with my graphics card, but not sure how to fix it

system i'm running is:

x1950pro
    amd 3500
    2 gigs of ram

i've never had any problems up to now and played COD4 with no problems whatsoever, but i've started playing MOH airborne and after about 15 minutes, the PC starts beeping so i'd exit the game and start seeing artifacts. So i originally thought the card may be overheating, so i gave the PC a good clean, cleared the fans etc. but no joy, same problem. I ran ATITool, but that ran fine.

i can play CSsource for an hour and not have any issues, so can't understand why MOH is causing such an issue. it seems other games are creating problems also though.

can anyone think of what i should try next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

possibly changed the graphics renderer from directx to opengl or vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

thanks, i'll try that when i get home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Whats your power supply?

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Whats your power supply?

Fortron/Source Powersupply ATX 550W

Overheal wrote: »
    possibly changed the graphics renderer from directx to opengl or vice versa?

just checked this- where do you change this?

• Advertisement

usually in the game options. but also check your graphics card's control panel.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Update Drivers

Point a fan at the card

Run AtiTool or some form of temperature monitoring program in the background for both CPU and GPU (HWMonitor is good) Play MOH for 15 minutes then tab out and check temperature of both, Anything under 60 is fine for CPU anything under 90 is fine for GPU

conzymaher wrote: »
    Update Drivers

Point a fan at the card

Run AtiTool or some form of temperature monitoring program in the background for both CPU and GPU (HWMonitor is good) Play MOH for 15 minutes then tab out and check temperature of both, Anything under 60 is fine for CPU anything under 90 is fine for GPU

i played for a while and the gpu temp was over 90? any reason why it would suddenly start to overheat. it's worked fine for a good 6 months now.

Monitor its temperature under different games. you say you can run COD4 no hassle but on what specs?

i've been using 1024*768 on both games, medium spec on both. i'll try cod4 again to see if it's affected now also

• Advertisement
Advertisement