Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading Ram... cheap upgrade ??

Options
  • 14-04-2008 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭

My gaming pc currently has 766 or so mb of ram but id like to push it upto a gig or more... im not the best whe nit comes to pcs though my father is a techie but still i was wondering , is there anywhere i can get better ??

its graphics card was pci-1 which cost 39 yo yo ( thanks max burns ) and it has a 3.0 ghz dual core so now with about 1 gig or so of ram it will not only play CSS and the usual rubish but i might be able to play live for speed , unreal tourny etc at higher specs...

anyone know the best place to go any upgrade ?? id order online but i dont have nor would i use a CC

my tech specs of the pc is limited ( i use it , i couldnt build it to save my life.. )

any ifno much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ram is so cheap these days, you might as well invest in 2gigs. What motherboard do you have, how many banks do you have? If that 768 is occupying two banks, just ditch it entirely, and get something like this.

Your processor is fairly weak (assuming it's a 3Ghz Pentium D), but sufficient provided the rest of the machine is up to scratch. The bad news: whatever video card you got for 39 euro (this?) is not going to be enough for the latest games past low-ish settings and low resolution...though Counter Strike Source would be good for high settings.

Review here, the 2400Pro trails behind close to last place in virtually every test, even with other old and budget cards included...and the games tested aren't even the latest games out either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

its useing the two banks afaik but ill open it up tonight

as for the 3.0 ghz processor , i think it can be overclocked... but meh its sufficent for what need :)

also would that ram be hard to install ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

S.I.R wrote: »
    its useing the two banks afaik but ill open it up tonight

as for the 3.0 ghz processor , i think it can be overclocked... but meh its sufficent for what need :)

also would that ram be hard to install ?

ram is as easy as changing a mobile phone battery.

Advertisement