Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this ban OTT?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

cheesedude wrote: »
    I
    If a mad man got on the bus and started screaming at you and wouldn't stop screaming at you, what would you eventually do? Lose it? Yeah

you don't get it. In this case, you are the madman on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yeah...because when rb_ie was goading me on, sending me ****ing pictures of handicapped children etc, I was like "What the f***?" and am not used to this sort of geekiness on the internet so I wrote back calling him a nerd etc in PM.

To end this, you started it all off with
    And I hope you die a slow and painful death you Chernobyl mutant.

Wow your such a rebel. Go you...****ing nerd. "Small Stakes Study Group Forever"
    here in response to what was clearly a joke.

Then I wrote you a pm saying if you wrote a poem dedicated to my brilliance, I'd ask the AH mods to unban you. Then you, again, lost the plot in response to a joke and started firing abuse. Preferring to not get into some stupid slagging competition with you, I merely sent you quite common pictures of lolcats, bananas and as mentioned, the "You win the prize" picture. If I were truly goading you on, I'd have written back with some dreamt up abuse in the same manner you were sending me. So in effect,you are the madman screaming on the bus, whilst I'm the passenger sitting there holding up funny pictures, rather than engaging in your madness.

Using "I'm not used to this geekiness on the internet" shít is pathetic tbh, you're around here long enough to know what lolcats are and the like. In all truth, you've clearly just an anger management problem. Another simple example of this is your response to Dudess' post in a thread on AH.

You're a very, very angry young man. As I said, give PI a shot, they might be able to help you out.
    cheesedude wrote:
    And Dragan, I suppose I don't take the internet as seriously as other people do...

I think it's quite clear that you take it more seriously than the majority of people on this site, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

cheesedude wrote:
    have a fairly rash opinion which I have to curb online (I admit that) but i do believe this is a serious code of internet ethics which has gone totally over my head...

If a mad man got on the bus and started screaming at you and wouldn't stop screaming at you, what would you eventually do? Lose it? Yeah...because when rb_ie was goading me on, sending me ****ing pictures of handicapped children etc, I was like "What the f***?" and am not used to this sort of geekiness on the internet so I wrote back calling him a nerd etc in PM.

As for my personal issues problem, I suppose it may be considered OTT and possibly my fault but I felt attacked to begin with by the moderator.

And Dragan, I suppose I don't take the internet as seriously as other people do...but i don't deliberately set out to piss people off.

to be fair, i go through my phases of being passive aggressive, but you tend to be permanently arsehole mode these days.

youre banned, it wont change, deal with it.

while im all for defending peoples rights to have an opinion, what i dont agree with is constantly going against community spirit that we have on this site. and that means constant disruption within forums, which means moderators will take action. becuase what moderators need to do is make sure the forums run smoothly. and you are not allowing that to happen at the moment.

sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I have a fairly rash opinion which I have to curb online (I admit that) but i do believe this is a serious code of internet ethics which has gone totally over my head...

These aren't the msn chat rooms of the 90s. Flame wars are definitely dead. The Thunderdome being its exception.
    If a mad man got on the bus and started screaming at you and wouldn't stop screaming at you, what would you eventually do? Lose it?

....No?
    I've found the tried and tested method is to completely ignore the person. Especially in Real-Life(tm), this seems to piss people off to no end, while I get to laugh inside instead of getting all worked up about it.
    I was like "What the f***?" and am not used to this sort of geekiness on the internet so I wrote back calling him a nerd etc in PM.

This needs to go on a T-Shirt or something. Not expecting nerds or nerd-like behavior on the interweb?
    NerdCat wrote:
    geek_20cat.jpgWTF?
    As for my personal issues problem, I suppose it may be considered OTT and possibly my fault but I felt attacked to begin with by the moderator.

And Dragan, I suppose I don't take the internet as seriously as other people do...but i don't deliberately set out to piss people off.

As I'm sure you're now aware; your first port of call when you are being attacked is the REPORT button. The second port of call is attacking the post, not the poster. I really don't see how you were doing anything less than being deliberate tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

earelier in this thread i may have come across as supporting cheesedudes point , i would like to take this opportunity to state that this was erroneous on my part

• Advertisement

rbd wrote: »
    earelier in this thread i may have come across as supporting cheesedudes point , i would like to take this opportunity to state that this was erroneous on my part
    lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah ok whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Yeah ok whatever.
    I can see questioning this banning was important to you. :rolleyes:

Sherifu wrote: »
    I can see questioning this banning was important to you. :rolleyes:
    I think he's reluctantly giving in and agreeing with everyone tbh.

rb_ie wrote: »
    I think he's reluctantly giving in and agreeing with everyone tbh.

Possibly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Totally agree, PI has turned too emotional.. no one wants to say the truth just incase they get banned(myself included)

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Totally agree, PI has turned too emotional.. no one wants to say the truth just incase they get banned(myself included)

It's more than that tbh. I've read through and posted on my fair share of suicide threads. You have to take it serious, obviously.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MIN2511 wrote: »

Its not a question of telling the truth (as you see it). Its a question of wording that truth in a sensitive way. All the op sees is your words on a screen, and if what you say comes across too brutally or harsh to them, you dont know if they will cope. Most might, but you have to allow that people post in PI who need careful handling. As Overheal says, suicidal people post there, you need to take the feelings of the poster into consideration.

and sometimes people need a good kick up the arse.

That's me :)

yes, it is you. and youll get one again is your continue your merry way through annoying all the moderators :)

but i was thinking more in terms of the posters in PI who need to learn to think out their problems rather than just seeking answers from others.

No the mayhem is over for me...don't worry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭KINGofHEARTS

yes, it is you. and youll get one again is your continue your merry way through annoying all the moderators :)

lol so you can't fuuck with a mod ??? :rolleyes: typical

I dont see what the problem is, the guy said he used to go out with a brasser, he got a bit of a roasting for it, can't take it and then banned the guy who abused him

What do you expect when you post on a public forum that you used to go out with a brasser ???

Of course people are gonna be smart with you, just take it like a man and learn your lesson about choosing partners in the future

lol so you can't **** with a mod ??? :rolleyes: typical

I dont see what the problem is, the guy said he used to go out with a brasser, he got a bit of a roasting for it, can't take it and then banned the guy who abused him

What do you expect when you post on a public forum that you used to go out with a brasser ???

Of course people are gonna be smart with you, just take it like a man and learn your lesson about choosing partners in the future

Spend more time on boards before talking through your ass. It starts with 'this isnt a public forum and you dont have free speech' and carries on to 'you just don't do that in PI'.

You're quickly getting noticed by me as a troll.

Overheal wrote: »
    You're quickly getting noticed by me as a troll.

It's not just by you tbh!

It's only a matter of time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

lol so you can't fuuck with a mod ??? :rolleyes: typical

Well you can, but you tend to get **** with back.

Oh yeah, and are we certain this is not a double account?

Get a grip Dragan...I'm not a troll...and that is not me. I've got the one account. And i'm not afraid to reveal to anyone who I am. So your wrong on the account that I like to be anonymous behind a username...

Stuff in text sounds so much worse than when said in a different tone talking, I failed to realise that in its entirety before...and i have suffered the consequences.

Big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Dragan wrote: »
    Well you can, but you tend to get **** with back.

Oh yeah, and are we certain this is not a double account?
    that guys posts are a pain in the ass whoever he be :mad:
    Get a grip Dragan...I'm not a troll...and that is not me. I've got the one account. And i'm not afraid to reveal to anyone who I am. So your wrong on the account that I like to be anonymous behind a username...

Stuff in text sounds so much worse than when said in a different tone talking, I failed to realise that in its entirety before...and i have suffered the consequences.

Big deal.
    is this over now,? can the thread be locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Of course people are gonna be smart with you
    More looking down on prostitutes. Considering the importance of sexual release, I would say it's quite a legitimate service.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dudess wrote: »
    More looking down on prostitutes. Considering the importance of sexual release, I would say it's quite a legitimate service.
    Its the same old inequality. A woman who sells her body is scum. A man who buys it has needs.

Id have more respect for a one-time prostitute than a bigot any day.

Big deal.

Get a grip on what? If anything i was almost paying you a compliment in that a troll would at least be intentionally seeking a bit of a laugh while you actual and honest opinions are.....well.....backwards at points.

in your opinion Dragan...

You don't know my true opinions or values.

LoL , so would it not have been an idea to express those true opinions and values during the thread that got you banned? Or is that harking back to the troll issue again?

Dragan wrote: »
    LoL , so would it not have been an idea to express those true opinions and values during the thread that got you banned? Or is that harking back to the troll issue again?

Are you that bored?

• Advertisement

Well you're not fond of prostitution for a start..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement