Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

looking for landrover defender 90 or 110

Options
  • 14-04-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

interested in purchasing used defender from 98 up.If anyone knows

veichle auctions like esb or opw or eircom.

restoration project or damaged repairable might suit as it would be used

only for hunting.any contac numbers would be appreciated.:cool::)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

King 4x4s in wicklow town are big independent land Rover dealers: http://www.kings4x4.com.
    Theres also a lad called Power on the road between Rathdrum and Aughrim. They both often get in vehicles as trade ins or from the uk/north that they either want to flog on or do up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

check out the forums on clri.net or the ireland section on landroveraddict.com
    loads of the old esb ones have winches fitted but hens teeth springs to mind also check out autotrader as you might get a nice one up north

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

the esb auctions have some amount of rubbish at them, they usually only get rid of stuff when they are fairly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 verminator

Thanks everyone for info and advice.I will check it out.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 waterdogadventu

Modedit

no, it isn't, not on here

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In before it is locked...

No advertising allowed here plus I would remove your mobile phone number too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

You can pick them up cheaper in the UK and import them as a commercial. A warranty is preferable however as they can give trouble if you get a bad one. A mate bought two new ones, one after another and both needed gearboxes. Once fixed they were grand however, apart from the way they drove of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 waterdogadventu

Looks like people are doing a bit of advertising.

kings 4x4

esb auctions.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like people are doing a bit of advertising.

kings 4x4

esb auctions.

??

Hey mate, i'm not a mod and it really doesn't bother me either way, just trying to save you from hassel, have a read of the forum charter:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055037358

especially this bit:

"No advertising - if you have something to sell then use www.adverts.ie, not here! Items put up for sale will result in the advert being removed and the user getting banned."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Firstly OP, have you driven a 90's Defender? They really can be awful yokes to drive. Also they're fairly clausterphobic, a kinda "arm out the window job". I've driven a good few new one's, a 06, 02 and 98 and an 89 and they only get worse as the go along.
    It would be alot easier if you knew a bit about mechanics so you could do a bit yourself. If your planning it as a daily driver, i'd say it could become a pain in the arse. If you post up a few questions, i'll try me hardest to answer. BUt first comes first, if you haven't driven one, go drive one and draw your own conclusions from that first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Firstly OP, have you driven a 90's Defender? They really can be awful yokes to drive. Also they're fairly clausterphobic, a kinda "arm out the window job". I've driven a good few new one's, a 06, 02 and 98 and an 89 and they only get worse as the go along.
    It would be alot easier if you knew a bit about mechanics so you could do a bit yourself. If your planning it as a daily driver, i'd say it could become a pain in the arse. If you post up a few questions, i'll try me hardest to answer. BUt first comes first, if you haven't driven one, go drive one and draw your own conclusions from that first.

+1.

I drove them in the Defence Forces, they're a terrible vehicle.

There's a reason the army replaced them - they're crap.

They're slow, cramped, high maintanence, heavy on juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Mairt wrote: »
    +1.

I drove them in the Defence Forces, they're a terrible vehicle.

There's a reason the army replaced them - they're crap.

They're slow, cramped, high maintanence, heavy on juice.

But great fun, good offroad, and really stand out from the crowd:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

i had a v8 coverted defender in army colours....best bit of crack i ever had with a 2nd car. The gurgle and roar of that v8 put many a super car to shame.....and then i sold it to my mate...regret the day i did it.

as long as you know what your getting into with one. As a daily runner in the city , forget it. If you can afford it the ford diesel in her now is excellent with correct gearing. That Td 5 engine is pure poo. I even chipped mine, de- cat-ed it and it was just loud boomey.

If you just want a p@ss pot run about, an older defender...happy days. 200tdi was weak and the 300tdi was reliable. Forget the td5, been there, usless.

And if you really really want to spoil yourself and can afford the juice you'll pick up a defender anniversary v8 on ebay for 10k. When I get my finances back to some shape I'm going to buy an anniversary and they are only getting cheaper.

Advertisement