Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tandem urgently needed for photo opportunity!

Options
  • 14-04-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Fellow Boardsie cyclists, I need your help.

I'm trying to organise a photo shoot to take place tomorrow (or Wednesday latest) to help publicise a charity cycle taking place next month. The fundraising is on behalf of Rape Crisis Network and a number of Suicide Prevention/Awareness groups.

For the purposes of the photo (ONLY) I need to borrow a Tandem for our two cyclists to pose on. Can anyone help?

PM me if you can, or post here.

For more info, I have posted a bit of blurb about our two cyclists here:

TWO IMPACT (trade union) officials have taken on the challenge of cycling from Dublin to the IMPACT biennial conference in Kilkenny this year. Eamonn Donnelly and Dessie Robinson, who both work in the union’s Health and Welfare Division, are cycling to raise money for suicide prevention awareness and the Rape Crisis Network. They plan to do the 80-mile trip in one day.They have spent the last number of weeks dividing their time between training and fundraising while attending to the demands of their respective roles in the union.

Thanks in advance for your advice/help with this.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

unionman wrote: »
    Fellow Boardsie cyclists, I need your help.

I'm trying to organise a photo shoot to take place tomorrow (or Wednesday latest) to help publicise a charity cycle taking place next month. The fundraising is on behalf of Rape Crisis Network and a number of Suicide Prevention/Awareness groups.

For the purposes of the photo (ONLY) I need to borrow a Tandem for our two cyclists to pose on. Can anyone help?

PM me if you can, or post here.

For more info, I have posted a bit of blurb about our two cyclists here:

TWO IMPACT (trade union) officials have taken on the challenge of cycling from Dublin to the IMPACT biennial conference in Kilkenny this year. Eamonn Donnelly and Dessie Robinson, who both work in the union’s Health and Welfare Division, are cycling to raise money for suicide prevention awareness and the Rape Crisis Network. They plan to do the 80-mile trip in one day.They have spent the last number of weeks dividing their time between training and fundraising while attending to the demands of their respective roles in the union.

Thanks in advance for your advice/help with this.:)

I think cycleways on parnell street had one in stock last month. Perhaps they could be persuaded to loan it to you for the photoshoot provided they wear a jersey with their branding ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

They also lock a red one outside the shop during the day...at least I think it's a tandem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i think you can rent tandems from the hire place in the phoenix park. at the parkgate st end. hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Thanks guys.

Spoke to the guy in the Phoenix Park, he has ten tandems down there, so we'll head to the park with our camera.

Multo Grazia niceonetom.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement