Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Review Out & First Gameplay screenie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Finally.. an in-game screen. Looks different to say the least!

Looks like there's more of a preview than a review.. unless there's more to that article. Seems to be only the first page.

Oh.. and because they're held in public storage space and with a lot of demand, they may not be up there long so have them backed them up to my webspace:

Gameplay Screenshot
    Review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The green and blue around the radar are the health and armour bars if anyone is wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Graphics in both videos, and in game screenshots are horrendous. But rockstar have always had crappy graphics tbh.

Graphics in both videos, and in game screenshots are horrendous. But rockstar have always had crappy graphics tbh.
    Thought the in-game screen looks fuzzy alright.. but wouldn't say it was horrendous graphics.

Standard enough really but the gameplay will hopefully make up for a graphical shortcoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Cheers Basquille, the original links were blocked by websense :D

Keep in mind that these are pretty poor quality scans from a print mag, look at the dots and stuff on the review page.

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote: »
    Cheers Basquille, the original links were blocked by websense :D

Keep in mind that these are pretty poor quality scans from a print mag, look at the dots and stuff on the review page.
    you need to zoom in, they're hi-res

Yeah. but they're still scans from a magazine. They'll always be fuzzy due to the print quality!

** awaits a magazine displaying in full 1080p **

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So it's confirmed, GTA IV will definitly live up to the hype, not that we needed confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

torture

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

is that just the first page to a review thats coming out in the upcoming offical xbox magazine is it?
    (work proxy)

was there a score given yet?
    and also when is the review out?

and with regards to the grahics being below par, the developers already confirmed that 70% of the previous trailer footage was in-game with the hud turned off, so i wouldn't bother taking low-res screenshots taken from a seemingly average camera off a print in a magazine to heart(think of it as the differance from a cam movie compared to high def;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Please please please somehow let time speed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

is that just the first page to a review thats coming out in the upcoming offical xbox magazine is it?
    (work proxy)

was there a score given yet?
    and also when is the review out?

If you can open the original link, just change the number at the end of the url from 1 to 2 for the second page of the review, then to 3 and so on. Think there's 9 pages altogether. You have to go back to the original link to change the url though, doing this while looking at one of the scans just brings up the same scan again.

Actually it's probably just easier to go back a folder and then all the scans are right there in front of you.

They gave it 10/10 surprisingly enough, no idea when the mag is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

DAMN YOU WEBSENSE!!

/shakes fist

I'll put them up on my webspace in a moment for you Stephen.

EDIT: No-one else getting the 1st page for each of the links above? I've opened them all and it's the same page for them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

basquille wrote: »
    I'll put them up on my webspace in a moment for you Stephen.

EDIT: No-one else getting the 1st page for each of the links above? I've opened them all and it's the same page for them all.

Yes all I'm getting is the first page as well.

here's all the pages, there's a few more in-game shots in there too

http://cid-3085454822782b0d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Same here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

ShaneU wrote: »
    here's all the pages, there's a few more in-game shots in there too

http://cid-3085454822782b0d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public

Thanks!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Thanks Shane.

Kept getting page 1 on the other links and feared the interweb had made a mug of me again. (It's happened before.)

Not really looking forward to the lies I'll have to concoct to the Mrs for the time spent playing this game.
    Ho hum, it'll be tough.

Home now and went through the first links posted, which fortunately still work. This game is going to be ****ing epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Stephen wrote: »
    Home now and went through the first links posted, which fortunately still work. This game is going to be ****ing epic.

:D

Well said.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

New review out in the UK OPM with more details (and another 10/10 for those who care about such things), hi-res scans about half way down the page.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102031

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can somebody link directly to the scans? gtagaming is blocked here in work.

Ok no need anymore, got them in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

stevenmu wrote: »
    New review out in the UK OPM with more details (and another 10/10 for those who care about such things), hi-res scans about half way down the page.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102031

Whoa, the graphics look savage IMO.So lookin forward to this.Better live up to the hype.....

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Guys this is the "official" Xbox 360 magazine.
    Ignore the score, Microsoft bankroll the magazine, and this really is make or break thing for the 360. They have 50 million invested in the downloadable content alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

jayteecork wrote: »
    Ignore the score, Microsoft bankroll the magazine, and this really is make or break thing for the 360. They have 50 million invested in the downloadable content alone.

Do they bankroll the Playstation magazine as well??

jayteecork wrote: »

its already made it dude.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Still doesn't seem to be any links to reviews of independent sites online.

I'm paying no attention to those official reviews at all.

800px-GTAIV_in-game_screenshot.png

Hadnt seen that image before.Really liking the idea of a less cluttered game screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That looks pretty sweet!

Yep, looks fantastic alright.

Still can't wait for some in-game footage all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i really disliking that first screen shot, it looks terrible.

the second one with niko crouched by the car is much better although it's taken from a unfinished version as there is no detail on the mp5 he's holding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

I think its looking pretty good ---some people expect toooo much me thinks!

Read the article and have to say it sound brilliant ---window cleaners , people joining in fights etc ..... has got to be good!

I just noticed there that Niko has a 4 star cop wanted level.Thank god they hav'nt got rid of that feature.I loved seeing how far i could get with 6 stars in SA.My god, i must have taken down about 100 choppers once.....That said, the police AI should be a big improvement this time round. They were always fairly stupid in the other games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Trapattoni wrote: »
    I think its looking pretty good ---some people expect toooo much me thinks!

Read the article and have to say it sound brilliant ---window cleaners , people joining in fights etc ..... has got to be good!
    expect too much?

what are you on about, the first screen looks like that counterstrike level with the hostages inside the house - can't think of it's name - the second is much more like it as it actually looks like it's supose to, but the mp5 has no skin on it from the looks of it.

i'm not expecting too much and if i am it's not my fault they've hyped this game to the absolute maximum.

i agree the police AI better be better especially with the cell processor in the ps3.

Advertisement