Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade Plates

Options
  • 14-04-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

What is the story with trade plates? I have an idiot neighbour who is driving a new Chevy Suburban on them. He's been driving it for a couple of months now, mostly between 10am and 6pm weekdays, and on Sundays all day. It's very strange!
    As far as I know, you can't drive with them on a Sunday. He's obviously pulling some scam on the VRT but I can't figure it out.
    Any ideas?
    He's an obnoxious Yank and I'd love to shop him to the feds!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Welcome to Ratsville. Population: YOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

What's the problem? Does he work in the motor industry - does he legitmately have trade plates?

Does he sell/service Chevy Suburbans in the course of his business?

Is he on business when he's driving the Suburban?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

What is the story with trade plates? I have an idiot neighbour who is driving a new Chevy Suburban on them. He's been driving it for a couple of months now, mostly between 10am and 6pm weekdays, and on Sundays all day. It's very strange!
    As far as I know, you can't drive with them on a Sunday. He's obviously pulling some scam on the VRT but I can't figure it out.
    Any ideas?
    He's an obnoxious Yank and I'd love to shop him to the feds!

Nice first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

He does not work in the motor trade, he just had a barny with the missus about parking that yank tank arseways and nearly running over my little girl, which is the real reason I want to do him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

He does not work in the motor trade, he just had a barny with the missus about parking that yank tank arseways and nearly running over my little girl, which is the real reason I want to do him

Well there must be a reason that he has trade plates

If I were you i'd stop being such a little girls blouse and approach him rather than ratting him out to the law for a totally different reason that you've a grudge against him

Grow a pair, seriously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If he's not involved in the Motor Trade, he can't have trade plates.

Advertisement