Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Dress

• 14-04-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a black dress that isn't too expensive, preferably a halterneck. The problem I've been having when dress shopping is that I wear a 38DD bra. My chest ends up squished in most of the dresses I've tried on and it's really getting me down because it is NOT a good look. Something in a jersey material maybe? I'm a size 14 and the dresses will fit me everywhere else except at the bust.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Try Oasis, Warehouse and Zara

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Zara is not big boob friendly!

OP have you considered buying a larger size and having it altered, there isn't a huge amount to altering a dress and it should be quite reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

They had these really unusual jersey dresses in Sisley for 50 euro. They were sort of halter necked, but there was a piece that crossed over the front between the boobs and then turned into straps. I bought one but it didn't really fit me well, but they were really nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I would suggest taking a look at Littlewoods Ireland, they have some nice dresses....I have a similar prob, big on top, and would love to wear halternecks but they top of the dress never quite, well, covers sufficiently!! Many of the highstreet stores dont cater for people who are anyway larger than a C cup I find....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

hey

Have you tried Debenhams, there's a few boutique places in there and they're pretty good for big boobs and not too expensive. I'm a DD and find same problem with my chest being mashed into things, making you look even bigger, pain in the ass but I've got a few things from debenhams and found them alright!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

I second Debenhams. I'm an F, and find it almost impossible to buy clothes, let alone nice, affordable bras! I have gotten a few items in there that have fitted me well, namely dresses by the debut range.

Someone said Zara isn't big boob friendly, I completely agree. Sadly. Their stuff is nice.

Also, have you tried Monsoon? They always have loads of different styles, so you should manage to find something there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yes I suggested Zara, I suggested it because i recently bought a beautiful black dress there and saw many other black dresses.

I would second Debenhams actually, the stuff i've seen online is lovely

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I got a lovely halterneck black catsuit for a wedding I'm going to, looks like a long dress when Im not walking, I love it... Got it in Redherring at Debenhams, €78... http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_60254_559061_-1 The legs are much wider than they look in that picture, very floaty... and the waist is really figured in, very flattering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Fiona24

Did you try Coast in BT's? Im a 34ff size 12-14!!! I needed a dress for my bfs social at Christmas every dress I tried on was perfect for my chest. A lot of them did need height which I am blessed with thank god! The dress'es are more expensize then high street but worth the money. I paid 175 for mine and its one i could wear to loads of things if I wanted to. Also for a bra I found Marks and Spencers in cork the best and also bravissimo. Getting a strapless bra is a nightmare though for some of the dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Try Oasis, Warehouse

I actually got a lovely LBD in Dunnes recently, worth a look..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Thanks for the tips everyone! I managed to pick one up in River Island and fit in a size 12 so was pretty chuffed! It's a silky, stretchy material so managed to fit everything into it. Had a 3 way bra that I got in La Senza so I just tied the straps up behind my neck so I was fully supported as well. I attached a pic of it.

This cost me €50 because it was missing a couple of the diamantes. There was a size 14 in the Henry St branch but the whole diamonte section was ripped off and I was offered a 10% discount off the €67 dress. The only other sizes they had were 10 and 6 and no other 14s in stock. There was no way I was repairing the whole dress by myself if I was only getting €6.70 off the price of the dress. My boyfriend picked up the other one in Blanch and was given a 17 euro discount for a fault neither of us even noticed until it was pointed out to us!

Advertisement