Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council tenants in private estate

Options
  • 14-04-2008 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi everyone
    The county council have recently purchased a house adjacent to me in a private estate. They have housed a family with 6 children in the house. The noise coming from the house is unbelievable, music, TV, kids screaming, parents screaming, what sounds like football being played indoors, etc, etc...
    The outside of the house is also a state, litter everywhere untidy garden. I tried to approach them about the noise and was basically told to 'f**k off'. Has anyone else had this problem with council tenants or know if the council will intervene?
    Any advice welcome, Im at my wits end.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Hi everyone
    The county council have recently purchased a house adjacent to me in a private estate. They have housed a family with 6 children in the house. The noise coming from the house is unbelievable, music, TV, kids screaming, parents screaming, what sounds like football being played indoors, etc, etc...
    The outside of the house is also a state, litter everywhere untidy garden. I tried to approach them about the noise and was basically told to 'f**k off'. Has anyone else had this problem with council tenants or know if the council will intervene?
    Any advice welcome, Im at my wits end.

Again similar enough problem mentioned in the other thread.

"Loud music from neighbours apt"

The council can threaten them with eviction. The litter warden can issue fines and will visit the house if your ring them. Generally you can email and possibly incl a photo of the littering.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- it is totally inappropriate to hurl insults at each other on this forum irrespective of how obvious you may consider someone's situation to be. If you have an issue with what someone posts- feel free to query to post, but not attack the poster. Nomore warnings- heed it or face a ban from this forum.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

Advertisement