Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French community in Limerick

Options
  • 14-04-2008 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi !
    I'm french, I moved in Ireland on february and I live with my french boyfriend.

During the St Patrick's parade, I saw a lot of different communities of the city. And I'm looking for a french one.... I don't know where have I to looking for. ThanX for your help.

Sorry if I have a bad english language ^^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hmm I don't think Limerick has much of a French community to be honest, in saying that I rarely ever see any French in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Greenrat

I really don't know, but I'm in Ireland since the 8 february (not very long) and I meet a lot of french in the night club or in the shops for example. My tatooman (I don't know the word) is french, and some people who comes in cybers are french too ^^

It's not rare for me to hear french language.... But maybe it's because I'm French so I recognize my language.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Good point, im not from the city myself but a town about 20mins away so I guess I wouldnt be the best to offer info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Costelloes in Baker Place always has a few French in it on the weekends..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

There's a french society or something to that effect on O'Conell street near the statue if memory serves me correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Hi,

I'm french myself, living in the city for 8 odd years and I must admit that they are few french around.

In the early 2000, we were the 2nd foreign community, but they all left:eek:

I personnaly have 2 good french friends in the city and know maybe 5/6 others.

Costellos is definitely the place if you want to meet some fellow french.

I'm alright in this city, and I don't really need to find French at the moment, my boyfriend who lives with me is french toot, but the problem is I want to know other fellows French to talking about my country, their life in Ireland.... Everything like that !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Où avez-vous trouvé votre nom, Greenrat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 vanessas

hello greenrat,

i'm French too and i'm in Limerick since almost 2 years now, live with Irish boyfriend.

If you are looking for french community you can check on this forum :
    http://www.mfe.org/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=202&PN=1

a+;)

Thank you very much Vanessas. :D

My nickname comes from my passion for the rats and also because, usually, my nickname on the other websites is Greengirl.... but it was already taken ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

Je viens de regarder le site mfe cité par Vanessas. C’était donc vous greengirl qui recommande AIB ? Si vous êtes satisfait(e) chez eux tant mieux. Je voulais dire quand même que National irish Bank n’a pas de frais sur le compte de chèques si le solde est créditeur. Moi, j’ai quitté AIB car il fallait un solde supérieur à 400 € pour éviter les frais. Même pire que Société Générale ! Par contre il faut bien vouloir utiliser le site. J’ai trouvé vraiment difficile et j’y ai renoncé à la fin – personne ne s’y connaissait dans l’agence.
    Pour que vous ne vous sentiez isolé(e) de la communauté francophone vous pouvez écouter :
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mQx4JvdWzw
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lsyjk6M0VCc
    Bonne nuit !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Greenrat wrote: »
    My nickname comes from my passion for the rats and also because, usually, my nickname on the other websites is Greengirl.... but it was already taken ^^

Fair enough. Did you know that in the Irish language the same word is used for "rat" and "French person" - Francach.

No, I didn't know that :confused:

Advertisement