Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice.

Options
  • 14-04-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

I need a little bit of advice about my huntard, atm hes doing some stupids ammount of dps in kara ( 3800 crits on aimed shot ), and heroics and even in pvp. I think my spec is pretty good including the green boots and belt as they are high AP items. What id like to know is, should i change my epic chest from the one droppe din MGT to the pvp chest from hp and badges in BG, or should i get the Polearm?

When fully buffed using trinkets druid and pally buffs im hitting 2500+AP and even more with wep enchants. Do i honestly need that much AP when im only really doing heroic kara and BG's ?

Also, if i do get the polearm, +35AGI or savegry enchants ? Or shoudl i do what alot of hunters do and get the glad sword and the fist wep ?

OH yeah, link to armory : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&n=M%C3%A9ndez

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Beast Mastery is Boss when it comes to Pve dps and Pvp Usefulness. Though as a Dps warrior i like survival hunters.

Not to sure about hunter stats but i think agi > ap. As it gives both AP and Crit but also scales with kings when your raiding.

Your Hp, Hit and Mana is really low. So if i was you i would go for the 2 one hand season 1 swords and stick 30 int on both for pvp, or 20 agility on both.Also Get a Decent scope on your gun, 28 crit one is the best one atm i think.#

Enchant your Helm and Legs properly and get some decent gems going. Dont worry about getting the slot bonus in most case's i find. Spec something like 41/20/0 and fiddle with that, your dmg overall should increase a fair bit.

Hope this helps a lil. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anti, where do you want to improve? BGs, arena, heroics, 10 man or 25 man? I think your spec could definetly be improved, but how depends on where you want to concentrate. Also, find a resto druid and do 10 arena games a week, within a couple of weeks you'll be able to start upgrading to S3 or S4 pvp gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Jesus, and i thought my spec was pretty alright :/

I plan on changing my tallent points, as a full 61MM hunter is useless, as i dont use half of the stuff. I think adding in the BM ones for increases HP might be an idea.

But thanks for the advice, i have my eyes on a few gems but need a few more days doing dailys to afford them. That damn gun cost me a forture. Ive also been looking at the scope 28crit.... Its costsing 500g on my realm atm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yep this spec i think is what u should be using 41/20/0 if you want to do PvE. MM is more PvP as i said before.

Also that chest piece your on about is real good. "MGT" Droped for me this week and its better then the T4 i got from mag. Strange how the item raiting is much less but still it is better then the T4. Would love the 1 from Za but it has not droped for me yet.

Might take a look at your toon when i get home & see what you have.

• Advertisement

Nice, ill have a play around with that later :)

I had a look at your toon last night, but could not view exactly what u had on or what gems and enchants you were using. Might work for me tonight.

The only major point that i could see was your talent selection. Looked like some one had 61 points to spend and did not know what to spend it on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

41/20/0 works fantastically well for me in PVE, but I never really touch PVP, and sucked serious balls when I attempted Kara (more due to lack of preparation and skills, than my spec though...)

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I had a look at your toon last night, but could not view exactly what u had on or what gems and enchants you were using. Might work for me tonight.

The only major point that i could see was your talent selection. Looked like some one had 61 points to spend and did not know what to spend it on :)

Nail + head !!

Im gonna try respeccing to 21/40 tonight and see how i get on. And for my gems, they are fairly cheap ones. I need to find me a nice JC who will cut me some nice ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

41/20 bm is the spec im workin towards, still 10 levels to go. havent played in about a week, needed a break!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

speccing 41/20/0 [ http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbM0xgRwuVoVVbRV ], gem exclusively for agi/hit and only use steadyshot/autoshot/killcommand
    get a bow around 2.2/2.3 speed and a mod which shows you your auto shot timer (zhunter mod is what i used to use). after every autoshot FIRES you press steady shot, since steady shot resets your autoshot swing, and just kill command every time its up.
    NEVER USE aimed shot. its an out dated skill from a time where ashjre'thul was the bow to use and you could weave it, now it resets your swing timer :p
    oh and you'll need a wind serpent with lightning breath on autocast (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=25012)

i guarentee your dps will nearly double

however for high level arena this spec is terrible. but its decent enough for bgs

sweet, cheers lads !

might take a bit of practise controling pet on boss encounters; but well once you learn it you wont forget ;) and even if you decide you dont like BM, its still a good skill to have for MM after all your pet always adds dps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Couple of things, I'm pretty sure there is a macro for bm hunters and literally all you do is spam the macro and it will "weave" your steady shots in between your auto shots by default.

Secondly, the recent change to pet AI making them automatically attack from the rear has solved alot of the pet control issues.

found it
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    #show Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast [target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

use the picture of a question mark, and just spam the button to dps! nerf!

and about that ai change; thats awesome i remeber trying to position my pet on fights where i had to move was just... well... lets say my pet ate a hella lotta cleaves

and now i dont play hunter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm a JC Anti - check wowwiki for what you want and I'll craft it if I have the design.

found it
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    #show Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast [target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

use the picture of a question mark, and just spam the button to dps! nerf!

and about that ai change; thats awesome i remeber trying to position my pet on fights where i had to move was just... well... lets say my pet ate a hella lotta cleaves

and now i dont play hunter :(

How do i add this ?

I Don't use Steady Shot my self any more. Used to all the time, but now just use Arcane, auto and always make sure you have your sting on the target, sometimes do a multi fire if i have plenty of mana and pots are on cd.

Might give the steady shot a rotation and see how i get on. Not sure how to set up this macro's my self, but it prob cant be 2 hard to figure out.

Oh ya Anit what do u do more ?
    PvP
    or
    PvE

Just that the gems you have socketed are not the best choice if your more into PvE (Don't need Stam gems soecketed so on). Saying that you prob just have 1 set of gear that you use for PvP & PvE ?. I used to be the same had 1 set of gear that i would use in Kara, Arena & Bg's ect...

Best to try and build up 2 differint sets for PvP & PvE. Ita all right to have some items that you use in both types of combat. At the moment when changing into pvp gear i end up chaning only my 2 Trinkets, 2 Rings, Head, Shoulders, Chest, Legs. I need to work on my pvp gear to be honest as it sucks.

I mainly pvp these days.

I usually use my beaststalker set for pve questing, and normal instances as it has some nice mana regen and -4sec cooldown on traps. And for bg/raids/heroics i use my s2 set with the chest from mgt. I also change from my gun to my bow aswell. Main reason being difference in crits isnt that much ( 3800 in epics, and 3300 in blues ) compared to the repair price. Im planning on changing to 41/20 tonight after i do kara and gather some data so i can see which spec works best for me. And after spending a stupid ammount of money on potions/flasks/elixers last night im gonna need a few more days of doing dailys to get the cash back up to afford the 60g gems per slot. Might be able to cut the price down now since macros42 is a jc and will cut for me. I really badly need to replace my belt/boots. But i think ill just do a bit more pvp to replace them with the vind ones.

• Advertisement

Then vind ones are very good. I used them for both pvp and pve. Also get the bracer wile your at it. But also it might be worth holding out until S4 come out cause then their should be better then vind set out. Not sure when S4 gear is going to be out my self.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Speaking of PvP gear, how long would it take to get a full set of PvP gear (non-arena)? I plan to gear my new rogue up once he gets to 70, and as i've never really PvP'd much, i wasnt sure. Also, whats the deal with people selling arena points? I've seen people advertising that they are selling arena points. I thought you had to win fights in the arena for that?

Not sure about the aren points to be honest.

But for the full s2 set without the bracers or belt, you can do it in a weekend. You will need to farm AV for HP and just pray for wsg and ab to get marks.

Maybe their selling arena team. Which has a high arena raiting.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

anti.

in game type "/macro" and itl bring up the macro window, pick an icon and name then copy and paste in the macro and save it. its then just like a spell from your spellbook, just pop it on your spellbar and use it as needed :)

Kiith wrote: »
    Speaking of PvP gear, how long would it take to get a full set of PvP gear (non-arena)? I plan to gear my new rogue up once he gets to 70, and as i've never really PvP'd much, i wasnt sure. Also, whats the deal with people selling arena points? I've seen people advertising that they are selling arena points. I thought you had to win fights in the arena for that?

you can buy a moderate pvp gear set now, im sure sum1 will post the set for your rogue up, i cant im in work.

they came out with last patch and cost approx 100g for the set.. theyre ok for people starting off pvp coming from lvl greens and blues.

think its called the 0.5 arena set or somethin like that.

Yeah thats the rep set, you just need to have the aquired level of rep with certain factions to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

you need honored with is EASYMODE

sorry forgot to include what the lads r mentioning above that you need honoured with different factions, which anyone that hits 70 should be pretty much honoured with all required factions.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

factions are sha'tar, lower city, caverns of time, thrall and cenarion

Advertisement