Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Get out of my thread ya bastards !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ah get ur ass back to "distributed computing" anti!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Did this macro my self now today. Its good all right... will have to try it out in SSC or TK

Right, i stayed 61 mm speced last night for kara... and i was appauling. I lost to a t4/5 lock, but bet a t3 mage, t3 dr00d and a t3/4 rogue. But the lock ended up doing 15% more damage then me, and he didnt use 1 dot. Just shadow bolt after Shadow bolt. Gonna try 41/20 for tonights run. And to make it worse, not 1 mail drop , twas all cloth and boomkin leather :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Anti wrote: »
    Right, i stayed 61 mm speced last night for kara... and i was appauling. I lost to a t4/5 lock, but bet a t3 mage, t3 dr00d and a t3/4 rogue. But the lock ended up doing 15% more damage then me, and he didnt use 1 dot. Just shadow bolt after Shadow bolt. Gonna try 41/20 for tonights run. And to make it worse, not 1 mail drop , twas all cloth and boomkin leather :(

Why were they wearing t3??

• Advertisement

wish i knew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Guys, please keep the back-patting and water-cooler talk to PMs, email and IMs this is a WoW forum not After Hours!

And Anti are you sure they were wearing T3, that makes no sense whatsoever. T3 requires level 60 and would be dramatically out-geared by green 70's :confused:

Though it might explain the discrepancys between you and your guilds dps.

Oh and get used to overpowered warlocks. Shadowbolt is one of, if not the best, scaling spell/ability in the game. It only gets even more overpowered in T6+

its only a bit of banter cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Ivan you're forgetting the chineese guild that downed illidan with alot of T3 gear after about 6-7 weeks of tbc being released over there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

sunzz wrote: »
    Ivan you're forgetting the chineese guild that downed illidan with alot of T3 gear after about 6-7 weeks of tbc being released over there. :D

Those guys paid him to take a dive.

• Advertisement

jason&arthur

Im still thinking about this macro. Was wondering whould Arcane fire in their some were would be good also ? as its instant cast. Or is their no need for it ?

Have not had a chance to use it on a raid, busy doing other things outside wow the past few days.

Arcane shot is not a good idea, as even though it is instant cast and doesnt reset your shot timer it does reset your global cooldown and cost quite a bit of mana making it not worth it.

Ok Ivan, thanks for that.

I been using Arcane all the time to now. And ya its almost 300mana a go and i did it every 6 seconds. But saying that i would bring 20 mana pots and during boss fights i would use 2 or 3 of them, would also use mana oil before fights to help mana regen.

I would always have Hunters mark on target, sting every 14 seconds & Arcane the target when ever the 6sec Cd was up & sometimes do a quick multi fire if no CD was ready to use again for a few seconds.

This 1 button macro is going to make my life so much easyer. But i still will use a sting on target to give some extra damage over time. If i find i lose my no.1 spot in DPS to another guild member :) i will have to go back to my old way.

Oh we can get our new gear from BOJ on our server since wednesday i do belive. If you have 150 BOJ anti u can get a very nice bow or axe. That is if this new vender is opened up on your server also.

have to admit, im an arcane shot spammer.

Sweet, Just spend 120g on savegry for my new pvp axe last night, and another 450g on the mats for the +28 crit scope. I might use them to get some rings and a cloak. Its fairly easy to get boj's thes days.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Heh, look at you all, with your "shots", and your "stings". Most hunters I know use the good old "/autoshot /afk" macro :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi Anti just wondering why you chose the pvp axe reward over the polearm?
    I think i recall the Polearm has more AP.
    Just wondering is all as im going to pick one soon for my huntard.
    Also thats a lot you paid for +28 crit,ive seen the scope on ah for 250-300 g on my huntards realm.

Yeah, the mats on my realm are nuts atm.

The Axe:
    5e3if5dhh3plul62f5e.jpg

The polearm:
    36x3mupwl5x4hph5lg8v.jpg

I took the axe because of the higher hit rating. Ive already got stupid ammount of AP so i didnt think 6AP over 20 hit rating was worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah fair point plus the axe looks special :)
    If only i wasnt addicted to healing with my priest id have enough honour for it right now :P

Aye, the polearm looks better and will probably gief beter rmeele dps, but at ranged the axe has improved my hit rating no ends. I feel it looks a big gimpy on a huntard, no less then the 2 x 1h axe/sword/fist combo.

But overall, im moer then happy with it. But im sure the +28 crit of my scope had alot to do with that. Shame it cost so much :(

• Advertisement

To reduce in cost and im sure most people do the same. Find out if anyone can do the enchanting or can make the scope in your guild. Then all u need to do is get the mats which can save u a nice bit. That should do it for free if they are a nice guild member.

Also i have the Arena S3 axe i must say its good and only cost 1000 arena points. You can make that in 3 to 4 weeks even in a bad arena team.

Luckily i didnt pay more then 10g for the enchant and scope, only about 10 people on my realm seem to be able to make this scope. As for the enchants, we have a few enchanters, but they wernt around at the time.

I've been trying to get an arena team running for a while now, but i cant find a resto druid anywhere.

Ya resto druid is very very hard to find.

I play with a mage and we do all right. We have a raiting of around 1600 each week "he goes fire spec" but last night i think he was frost spec. Another good conbination is a priest not full holy or shadow but some what inbetween.

If you want to get far in pvp you cant use Bm spec "which is what i am". You would need to go more 0/41/20. Think im going to spec more pvp after tonights raids so i get more used to new spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

to do well in pvp as a hunter a bit of advice if you'd like is to spec so that u have improved stings, grab a scorpid pet and a healer and train scorpid poison.

what u do is slap your scorpid on their healer and use viper sting on that healer every time its up, they wont b able to cleanse the viper immideately due to the scorpid poison stack & improved stings and itll burn significant manaw. best part is all the while you can be dpsing their warrior / non healer and they'll also have to heal them. u win most fights by their healer being oom and ur healer sitting happy.

against double dps aoe slow traps and scattershot are your friend.

im not sayin this is a foolproof tactic but its a good starting point if you haven't pvp'd much b4.
    oh and it may seem obvious but never use leather in pvp ;)

Ya i heard about the scorpid before, went and tamed one but got rid of it soon after dont know why. Might go and get it again and see how things go.

Played in a new 3 v 3 team last night, lets just say it was so so bad. Will stick with my 2 v 2, we seem to work well together and win more then we lose.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

having a pvp speced priest works too, i was with a hunter while i was shadow and i specced with silence so i could silence the healer if he cant and if we face a team with 2 healers then i can manaburn one while the hunter drains the other :)

what are the highest lvl scorpids in the game ? And how long would it take to say lvl the scorpids from around gadgetzan which are around the 40 mark up to 70, wouldnt it mean you have to go to different areas and just grind away on the mobs ?

I'm pretty sure this was fixed/nerfed a number of patches ago. Cleanse/Abolish poison/Poison Cleansing Totem/etc. should prioritorise Viper Sting now, over nub scorpid sting stacks. Either that or it just removes the whole stack in one go. I honestly cant be sure, but I'm certain there was a "fix" for this as it was just too powerful.

i had a scorpid from tanaris, picked him up at 41 and kept him to 61, hes in my stable now as hes been replaced. he had scorpid poison rank 4 i think when i picked him up.

the scorpid poison still stacks but doesnt reduce movement speed which i THINK it used to do a while back.

the amount of procs varies for it.

www.petopia.com

best site i have seen for pet info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Remove and abolish poison does not prioritise viper sting, at least in my experience. Pretty much every hunter you meet in 2v2 and 3v3 above say 1600 uses a scorpid pet for this reason.

Advertisement