Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

Ivan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this was fixed/nerfed a number of patches ago. Cleanse/Abolish poison/Poison Cleansing Totem/etc. should prioritorise Viper Sting now, over nub scorpid sting stacks. Either that or it just removes the whole stack in one go. I honestly cant be sure, but I'm certain there was a "fix" for this as it was just too powerful.

only change i can recall is the duration of scorpid poison rank 4 was reduced (it was higher than rank 3 / 5 for some reason, same cd).

cleanse doesnt piroritise i know that for sure, and im 95% sure u cant cleanse the stack in 1 go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

so is the scorpid the best pet for pvp?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Wookie5

For arena pvp as a part of a disc priest hunter drain team. Not of much use in world or BG pvp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ah i see yeh, good pet for instances too, high armour and health. dps wasnt too bad either. good off tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Welli have to admit, i thought you all were wrong and i knew best... How wrong was i ?.... Well i was very wrong to say the least... I was using my owm mix of primary MM with some BM and SV and i found soloing more then easy(dailys), same with instces, my dps was pretty good. But tonight i decided to respec to full 41/20 to give it a try for a few heroics and then kara.

First of all i noticed my dps go up a down bit, i blamed my bear pet(bear) ! Then i decided to read over the thread again.... And i found the macro/41/20 advice.... Well **** me sideways... My dps did almost double... from 435solo/520instance/500raid i went up to 500solo/720instance/850/1200(at one point)raid DPS... It took me a while to learn spam it non stop, but after i worked out that the first shot is viper, then arcane then thne macro/macro/macro/arcane wince repaet, i was amazed... Only problem is ive dropped from 1921RAP ti 1560RAP which is killing my crits, and by crits i mean 1800(max so far) as a crit, i was hitting almost 4000 with Aimed Shot( i miss it)... But spamming these 2 shots together is doing a much better job.

So thanks for all your advice and help. i wish i took it a few weeks ago.

But one more question, whats my best bet of a pet now ( dps, ive been told a good pet can raise my dps by 200 bringing it to 1150ish ) ? And i dont fancy trying to level some lvl 64 pet. Shall i just keep what i have or is there any lvl 70 pet thats worthwhile ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not really much help to Anti, but I'm just wondering if it's possible to tame the level 71 cats that prowl around Skettis? (never actually tried taming something above my level)
    Afaik cats are among the best for DPS, so perhaps go for one of those if it's possible...

You could also get a ravager from the place where you do the discovering your roots daily, they're supposed to have pretty high DPS as well (but look crap in fairness...)

41/20 ftw, I've been happy out with it ever since changing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

tman wrote: »
    Not really much help to Anti, but I'm just wondering if it's possible to tame the level 71 cats that prowl around Skettis? (never actually tried taming something above my level)
    Afaik cats are among the best for DPS, so perhaps go for one of those if it's possible...

A priest of pally to give you a shield while you do it would be nice.
    Get back to us if either of ye try it.

Ill give it a go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Can you tame a pet that is over your own level ?
    Not sure if you can, let me know if you do.

Come to think of it, you'll still have to get your pets loyalty/training points up anyway, so it's not like a tamed level 70 mob will be useful straight away either. You might actually end up being better off taming something a few levels below

Apparently these can be found at level 69 in NS
    http://thottbot.com/c20671

• Advertisement

Managed to tame a lvl 71, everyone said it was impossible but when i used beast lore it said it was tamable. Obviously it went back to lvl 70.

wqglm4yllykzqx3dia9x.jpg

Sweet, it's a cool looking pet alright... Tempted to try taming one for myself now

No need for a healer to be with you, stick on aspect of the monkey and away you go. I think it managed to take about 1800hp off me in 30 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

So it is possible to tame a level 71 monster. Good to hear.

matthew26 wrote: »
    So it is possible to tame a level 71 monster. Good to hear.

Yeah i remember when i was leveling up a long long time ago, i could not tame any pet that was over my current level (Not 100% sure so long ago, but i think it was this way).

Another good way of taming a pet, is drop a frost trap take a step back and tame away. Also hit them with a slow shot.

At lvl 70 and being halfway decent geared there should be no beast out there able to kill you in 30 deconds.

Well the thing i used to h8 about taming is that, sometimes they would interupt your tame & then u would need to start over :). Also taming an elite is slightly harder.

Well this being my 3rd pet ever i've never seen that happen to be honest. Im going to head back tonight to see if its possible to tame a lvl 73. Or is there a cap perhaps ?

Well they might have fixed what im taking about. Its a long long time since i need to tame something. Also maybe u just got lucky.

Advertisement