Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband in Galway city

Options
  • 14-04-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I know there is a seperate forum for broadband and that there are threads on mobile boardband but I wanted to get the opioions of some users in Galway city. I am living in Cluain Riocard out the Hadford road and I was wondering would the mobile broadband be a good choice for me. I am also not sue whether to go for vodafone, O2 or 3 mobile.
    3 mobile seems to be the cheapest, e79 for modem and e20 a month from then on. Does anyone have any experiences with 3 mobile broadband in Galway city?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

3 Mobile works ok for me when I connect from Renmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Everything I heard about the mobile bb was stay away from 3. As the cheapest they have the biggest take up and as a result the biggest network load resulting in pitiful speeds. I've got that from friends who had the 3 data modem and chucked it out the door.

After that not a clue. Carphone Warehouse sell all the different mobile bb solutions and generally give good advice on which to go for depending on area and what you need it for, drop in and ask its worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks,
    Where is carphone warehouse in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Glenman wrote: »
    Thanks,
    Where is carphone warehouse in Galway?
    Headford Rd S.C., Shop St., Eyre Sq., Corbett Court. Take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Glenman wrote: »
    I know there is a seperate forum for broadband and that there are threads on mobile boardband but I wanted to get the opioions of some users in Galway city. I am living in Cluain Riocard out the Hadford road and I was wondering would the mobile broadband be a good choice for me. I am also not sue whether to go for vodafone, O2 or 3 mobile.
    3 mobile seems to be the cheapest, e79 for modem and e20 a month from then on. Does anyone have any experiences with 3 mobile broadband in Galway city?
    Thanks in advance
    3's offering doesn't seem to be the best. Some heavy reading here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

From reading through a bit of the 3 broadband megathread it seems as if some people have no problems and some people have a lot of problems. Seems like pot luck!

Advertisement