Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 3g broadband - 14day trial

Options
  • 14-04-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I want to get a 3g dongle for the laptop on the boat, but don't know what speeds i'll get on the lake (Galway)

Has anyone taken O2 up on their 14day trial offer? If so, was it easy to hand the unit back if yo udidn't want it?

Did you have to do the usual direct debit procedure? I don't want to be givin O2 my details incase I return it and they end up chargin me by DD anyway - it'd just be a lot of hassle havin to go back into the bank to cancel etc.

The location I want to use it has Vodafone 3g coverage but Vodafone only have a 5gb cap so don't want to go with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I didn't think O2 had 3G ? I thought they use I-mode which is a kind of 2.5G ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 private_joker

???

of course they have 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

I didn't think O2 had 3G ? I thought they use I-mode which is a kind of 2.5G ???

your thinking of the iphone, O2 have nearly full 3g coverage, its just the iPhone doesnt have 3g just EDGE

John, if its a 14 day trial then its worth giving it a go. i know people who had the 30 day trial and handed back without any probs.

It would be worth checking your coverage here on the O2 website to get an idea of what the 3G coverage is like in the area you'll be primarily using it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I-mode is a walled garden phone application from Japan. It's effectively dead, or actually gone. It's nothing to do with *HOW* your phone connects (plain GSM, GPRS GSM, EDGE GSM, plain 3G/UMTS, HSDPA on 3G/UMTS etc...)
    O2 does all of the above and is the only operator that does. I-Mode is nothing to do with iPhones.

Meteor GSM only: GSM, GPRS, EDGE
    "3" 3G/UMTS only: 3G or HSDPA
    Vodaphone GSM & 3G: All modes except EDGE. So very slow on GSM.

EDGE on GSM is near 3G speed, or sometimes 2 to 3 times faster than very busy 3G/HSDPA sector, so in real terms the O2 masts with EDGE on GSM and 3G can support nearly twice the users..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks for the info guys i'm gonna call into O2 when I get my laptop fixed and ask what the deal is with teh trial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

02 have a 30 money back guarantee.
    If you are not happy with it just return it for a refund - no questions asked with our 30 days Happiness Guarantee

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Online+offer/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sweet, just waiting on a part for the laptop and i'll be straight up to the shop :D

Advertisement