Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT and dash warning lights?

Options
  • 14-04-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭

Have a little issue at the moment, need a new brake pad sensor as the old on wasnt changed when my pads were

if i go to do the nct with the light on will it cause me any issue? pads are fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

You'll be sound. My catalytic convertor light was flashing intermittently (still is!) for no reason and there was nothing said. My emmissions were A-OK, so if your brakes are good then you're home and hosed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Cyrus wrote: »
    Have a little issue at the moment, need a new brake pad sensor as the old on wasnt changed when my pads were

if i go to do the nct with the light on will it cause me any issue? pads are fine
    I failed when my ALB light was on. I tried to explain, but yer man was "no, if we see a warning light on we must fail"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

JHMEG wrote: »
    I failed when my ALB light was on. I tried to explain, but yer man was "no, if we see a warning light on we must fail"

I presume ALB = ABS..

According to their manual, ABS light is a specific fail.
    Test:
    4. If the vehicle is fitted with a brake anti-lock system, check the warning lamp.
    Fails:
    (4) Warning light not working or indicates a defect in the
    anti-lock system.

Can't find anything about the wear light though.

OP, I'd say you're OK. Explain that you're waiting for a sensor when you hand the car over to the tester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wallyworld

Absolutely won't fail if the brake pad sensor is on (assuming the brake pads are in acceptable condition)....will absolutely fail if the ABS is on. I had the brake pad light on, as well as the service engine soon light, on my car in Feb. 08 when I had the NCT...it passed.

(Admittedly, it would be ideal. but absolutely not required, to get the lights turned off as it's one less thing for the NCT folks to mull over...i.e., no dash lights=no worries!)

Check the full NCT manual that is available online...it's very detailed on failure items.

Advertisement