Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday Mid-week Spin

Options
  • 14-04-2008 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi guys,

anybody for a mid-week spin on wednesday?
    Let's say starting point in clontarf bay cycle track and in the way to howth?
    What about 6pm?

Raam says he fancies the idea, anybody else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

watch out cos me and my friend are going training wed night on howth hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

we will see you there then!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That's something I might be on for, but it's a bit too early for me. I'm rarely out of work before six.

we can always arrange something later. I have no preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

erizo wrote: »
    we can always arrange something later. I have no preferences.

To be honest, taking a look at my work load this week now I mightn't be able to make it at all, so perhaps you should all go ahead an arrange whatever time suits you best. If I were to make it, then 7pm would work better than six.

el tonto wrote: »
    To be honest, taking a look at my work load this week now I mightn't be able to make it at all, so perhaps you should all go ahead an arrange whatever time suits you best. If I were to make it, then 7pm would work better than six.

You could always join us out there? I plan on doing laps, so I'll be there for a while.

what about you then Raam? I will be early home tomorrow, like at 4.30, and i can make it at 6 or 7, no difference to me at all.

erizo wrote: »
    what about you then Raam? I will be early home tomorrow, like at 4.30, and i can make it at 6 or 7, no difference to me at all.

I plan on leaving work, East Point Business Park, at 6. So I can be at the junction of Alfie Byrne and Clontarf at 6.03 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

depending on work tomorrow may join but meet at the Kilbarack road junction

• Advertisement

Ok, i'll be there by 6pm. I will be on a blue contini feeding the pigeons!!! :D
    hahaha
    See you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I need help on hills ... someone with a hitting with stick forcing me to climb faster ... I was going to go to Howth this week, maybe I might see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I'm on for it too. 6 suits me great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

I'd like to join you. Im a newbie but ill hold on for as long as i can. Can someone be a bit more specific aboutr the meeting point?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Thanks Erizo, see you at 6 tommorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'll be there at 6.

The one on the brand new focus, looking scared of gears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Just cos you have them doesn't mean you have to use them - sure haven't you managed without them for ages? Just stick it in the big chainwheel and the medium sprocket and off you go - just like the PaddyWagon! :) - if you can figure out how to use the gears of course :)

I just found out that I have another engagement today which will delay me a bit. I will have to try meet you guys somewhere along the way.

kenmc wrote: »
    Just cos you have them doesn't mean you have to use them - sure haven't you managed without them for ages? Just stick it in the big chainwheel and the medium sprocket and off you go - just like the PaddyWagon! :) - if you can figure out how to use the gears of course :)
    Not quite -see my other post from this morning! :)

• Advertisement

Nearly there guys.
    Just to make it clear, the link is attached, but it looks like it is on the same clontarf road.
    I will be in the cycle track waiting. Blue bike, blue helmet, and blue handlebar tape!! Damn, sky is blue too!!! you may confuse me with the sky!!!

See you there!!

unfortunately i gotta pull out. its the gf's day of so have to go somewhere with her or I'm dead! between cycling, football, work we dont get many evenings so i better pull out of this one with the weather like this. its walking the dog for me in phoenix park i'm afraid

Bambaata wrote: »
    unfortunately i gotta pull out. its the gf's day of so have to go somewhere with her or I'm dead! between cycling, football, work we dont get many evenings so i better pull out of this one with the weather like this. its walking the dog for me in phoenix park i'm afraid

WHOOPAH! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Raam wrote: »
    WHOOPAH! ;)

HA HA HA HA. i believe it's spelled WHOOOOOPPPISSSSCCCHHHHHH though.

No Sunday spins, no Wednesday spins... you far too under the thumb mate :D

Think I have the gears sorted, so I'll defo be there at 6

I'm dead jealous. It's a lovely afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

looks like im in too ill be waiting at the lookout at the at the Kilbarack road Junction from about 6:05 and ill be wareing a black LPR Jersey like this
    lpr2007kompletts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

That's a terrible thing to call her - you better hope she doesn't read this^^ or you'll have plenty of time to go cycling :D
    But seriously, wouldn't it be much better to take the dog for a 40km cycle? Probably wouldn't need to cycle it again until next month then!

Edit: Giz a wave from the top of howth, I'll be heading up around foxes for a spin, up that lovely hill from enniskerry. Although my cranks/chain are making a bit of noises so I better not stray too far from civilization.

No Sunday spins, no Wednesday spins... you far too under the thumb mate :D

Think I have the gears sorted, so I'll defo be there at 6

thing is i go out twice a week on my own and then have gym generally 2 other nights and football one at least so she starts giving out when she's off and i'm heading out again. been out the last 2 days at something so this is her 1 night of this week ;-) Duathlon on Saturday and footie on Thursday and Sunday so she'll be avoided again in due course ;-)

• Advertisement

Apologies, life got in the way this evening. I didn't make it out to Howth until half seven. Don't think I saw any of you guys

Advertisement