Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recyclin cans in galway? Where?

Options
  • 14-04-2008 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I've a heap of beer cans that I need to get rid of - IS there any recycling facilities in Galway for them? Or are they at every bottle bank and I just haven't spotted them?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

They're accepted in the green bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Our green bin at home is full so thats why I want to brin them somewhere else but thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Our green bin at home is full so thats why I want to brin them somewhere else but thanks for the tip
    It seems the bring banks aren't so hot on cans.

List of items. Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think I read during the week that Citybin are opening a recycling centre near the Quality Hotel in Oranmore in the next couple of weeks.

You could bring them to Barna Waste on Headford Road, but I think that they charge by weight even for recycling.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info lads - I got lazy and fecked them into the already full bin :D

Sounds like you need to invest in one of those crush bars to compress the rubbish in your already full bin!!!

Fey! wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to invest in one of those crush bars to compress the rubbish in your already full bin!!!

Or stop drinking so much beer... which is never gonna happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Do you throw away the cone when the ice cream is gone?

Be a man! Eat the cans!

Do you throw away the cone when the ice cream is gone?

Be a man! Eat the cans!

I was giong to make a boat out of them :D

• Advertisement

In best David Attenborough voiceover:

"and as the sun goes down on Galway bay, we see JohnCleary floating away on his wondrous raft, the "Ode to Beer", which sways from side to side in a pendulous motion over the gentle waves like its captain swayed on his way to the great white telephone after emptying the materials this fine vessel is made off...."

Fey! wrote: »
    In best David Attenborough voiceover:

"and as the sun goes down on Galway bay, we see JohnCleary floating away on his wondrous raft, the "Ode to Beer", which sways from side to side in a pendulous motion over the gentle waves like its captain swayed on his way to the great white telephone after emptying the materials this fine vessel is made off...."

YAR!! :D

Advertisement