Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power hookups at sites

• 14-04-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just a quick question about hookups at camping sites :
    Do you have to have you own power cable to attach to the hookup at a camping site, or is the power cable usually supplied ?

We have a power cable to attach to the camper but with a standard 3-pin on one end so we can charge it at home.

Just wondering if I need to buy one...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

just buy (or make) an adapter ...3 pin socket one end, CE Plug the other.

Or better even, put a proper CE plug on your existing cable and make a 3 pin adapter for use at home.

That way you won't have to use a 3 pin socket outside (which it isn't really designed for)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Good call - thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Just make sure that you are generous with your extension lead as some connections at camp sites can be far away from pitch!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

You can buy one from Charles Camping in Blessington

Bido:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

sandyg wrote: »
    Just make sure that you are generous with your extension lead as some connections at camp sites can be far away from pitch!:D

How generous is generous?? I bought 10m of cable and the two sockets and made up the cable myself. Is that long enough?

• Advertisement

only if you park in the right spot :D

When I still used to frequent campsites, I carried a cable drum and two short adapter cables for either end.
    More often than not I'd need most of the drums lenght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Was gonna go for around 25m myself.
    Mate of mine reckons he can get good heavy duty cable (Arctic cable) for a good price for me, and I'll fit the plugs myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I would'nt bother with that heavy duty cable, I use it in work and it gets very stiff and difficult to coil. Standard cable is fine, it can even take being occasionally driven over. Also, I read somewhere else of someone who made up 2 lengths, one 10m and the other 15m. Most times one or the other was sufficient, very occasionally he had to join them together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

reel of cable + high load = fire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Its always best practice to unroll the whole drum to prevent overheating, even when you only need a short length.

• Advertisement

KoNiT wrote: »
    reel of cable + high load = fire...

What heavy load?

Im not the one with half of Currys showroom in the van :D:D:D

Advertisement