Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fugger

Options
  • 14-04-2008 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

FUGGER COMIC ANNOUCEMENT (fugtheworld@gmail.com):

The Celtic Tiger is staggering toward its overdue grave. Frosty winds of a bitter economic future are blowing up the skirts of this nation’s orange-faced ladies and scattering cocaine from the cisterns of our exclusive imbibing emporiums. Why not celebrate our impending doom by picking up a free copy of FUGGER comic-strip magazine? The final few hundred copies will be distributed to various outlets (such as Tower Records, Road Records, Crow Corner Comics, The Winding Stair, The Secret Book and Record Store and Forbidden Planet etc.) by late Wednesday 16th of April, 2008.

For more content, see http://www.fugtheworld.blogspot.com/

All the best,

FUGGER.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

Fugger is great. Support free comics you scruds. They're free and they're comics.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Shove it Byrne, you'll have to pay me to read your comics! (OK, so that's a lie, but it sounded good so :P)

(OK, maybe it only sounded good in my head, but what the hell, I still win)

On another note, I'll check this out tonight. Been away from t'internet the last few days so haven't been keeping up to speed with stuff.

What's the plan re: distribution outside Dublin and regularity of publication? (If there is a plan, that is - I know getting comics published is enough work as it is without the added burden of making them free and not bankrupting yourself along the way...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 FUGGER

Thank you, um, ...Uncle Spunk.

There's no real plan with Fugger. There'll be another one but who knows when. Will it still be free? Will it have to take advertising, ugh, to remain free? Will it be any good? Will it be the same size? Will Iron Man be in it?

Stay tuned for the answers to these gripping questions. Actually, I'll answer the last one now: 'No'.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Just finished reading it and I quite liked it. A tad rough round the edges, but it more than makes up for it with bile, which is good to see - it reminds me of the Slate, and in a good way. Hope you're able to keep it going, it would be nice to have not only more comics out there but particularly more comics with substance...

One thing, though - websites which are flash-only for navigation and don't have a menu that loads very very quickly are tiresome to navigate. I appreciate you're putting your site together at the moment, but I'd really encourage you to have a non-flash alternative version or, if you're very keen on using Flash all the way, to at least use "skip intro" buttons.

(PS Uncle Spunk is Bob Byrne, the evil genius behind The Shiznit, so you may want to exploit his praise if/when you get the next issue done)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 FUGGER

Fysh wrote: »
    Just finished reading it and I quite liked it. A tad rough round the edges, but it more than makes up for it with bile, which is good to see - it reminds me of the Slate, and in a good way. Hope you're able to keep it going, it would be nice to have not only more comics out there but particularly more comics with substance...

One thing, though - websites which are flash-only for navigation and don't have a menu that loads very very quickly are tiresome to navigate. I appreciate you're putting your site together at the moment, but I'd really encourage you to have a non-flash alternative version or, if you're very keen on using Flash all the way, to at least use "skip intro" buttons.

(PS Uncle Spunk is Bob Byrne, the evil genius behind The Shiznit, so you may want to exploit his praise if/when you get the next issue done)

A much belated thanks for your nice comments Fysh. Expect the next Fugger sometime early 30010AD. (Working on something else for the meantime).

• Advertisement
Advertisement