Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instrument Splitter Cable!!!

Options
  • 14-04-2008 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Oh this feels like a really stupid question...

I recenly got a RC-50 looper pedal and I'd like to have multiple instruments connected but I don't want to use my Mixer i.e. I don't want to route the output the output of the mixer (with the diff. instrument connected)to the Peal and send the output of the pedal back to the mixer. I just want to have each instrument connected to the Instrument Input for conveniance as each instrument will only be played one at a time, so there is no need for it to go though a mixer.

Does such a thing exist or am I looking at getting a cheap mixer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Paligulus wrote: »
    Oh this feels like a really stupid question...

I recenly got a RC-50 looper pedal and I'd like to have multiple instruments connected but I don't want to use my Mixer i.e. I don't want to route the output the output of the mixer (with the diff. instrument connected)to the Peal and send the output of the pedal back to the mixer. I just want to have each instrument connected to the Instrument Input for conveniance as each instrument will only be played one at a time, so there is no need for it to go though a mixer.

Does such a thing exist or am I looking at getting a cheap mixer?

A real cheap mixer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

dav nagle wrote: »
    A real cheap mixer !

I was thinking that alright!!! Just wanted to through it out there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Would a line-selector pedal do the job, or how many instruments are ye talkin?

Savman wrote: »
    Would a line-selector pedal do the job, or how many instruments are ye talkin?

Like this?
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/boss_ls2_line_selector.htm

4 instruments. I suppose that would be a step in the right direction alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

You could make one!!
    It may change the impedance of the input, I'm guessing here but they would be 'in series' so the increase may not be that big.

Otherwise I'd just get a simple A/B box, the kind you'd use for switching into your tuner on stage for example. Better still, you'd make an A/B box easy enough too.

If you can't solder you should learn anyway. Having a studio or doing live work
    and not being able to solder a jack plug is like a cyclist not being able to fix a puncture.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Hi Dave, would this do the trick?

studiorat wrote: »
    You could make one!!
    It may change the impedance of the input, I'm guessing here but they would be 'in series' so the increase may not be that big.

Otherwise I'd just get a simple A/B box, the kind you'd use for switching into your tuner on stage for example. Better still, you'd make an A/B box easy enough too.

and not being able to solder a jack plug is like a cyclist not being able to fix a puncture.:confused:

It does sound like something that could be made easily enough alright. I guess I could win back some man points if I could solder for being so rubbish at DIY!!! To google...

eoin5 wrote: »
    Hi Dave, would this do the trick?

Alright Eoin,
    How are things? That's actually exactly what I had in mind. The Volume Dials were a bonus!!!! You cant argue with the price either. I'd be stupid not to buy one!!

And of course it will add that classic Behringer Analogue warmth to my chain!!!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Sorry to resurrect this thread but instead of getting multiple inputs into something, how would I get multiple outputs out of something?!!!!! I.e a mixer in reverse. E.g. if you wanted to sent the ouput of a pedal to different channels etc...

Cheers,

Allright man...just a thought, but in relation to the mixer side, could you not put the looper as a send in your mixer and send whatever you wat to it from there?..and there's such a thing as a splitter for spltting the output signal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

studiorat wrote: »
    You could make one!!

The 'Rat speaketh the truth ..... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

I've got one of these :

http://mercenary.com/lilasitrdesm.html

Splitter and the ability to run long cables from guitar to amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

You want a splitter cable? Oh but Y?

Jaysus, I'll get me coat.

Advertisement